Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred

My anniversary is next month, and this is when I get billed the annual fee of $95 (?)

Has anyone been billed for the annual fee recently? Did it stay at $95 or go up?

Have a great evening.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Preferred

@Anonymous wrote:

My anniversary is next month, and this is when I get billed the annual fee of $95 (?)

Has anyone been billed for the annual fee recently? Did it stay at $95 or go up?

Have a great evening.

I don't have BCP but I've followed info about it in recent months. 

I've seen nothing mentioned about AF increases. 

Also, the major banks have often softened the blow of AF-increases by aligning them with changes in benefits which tend to reach the rumor-mill first before the actual AF increases.  (For example, recent product overhauls to the benefits and fees of the AMEX Green and Chase Sapphire Reserve.)  And I've heard nothing about changes to the card either. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 2 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have a great evening.

@Anonymous, I honestly do not think anything has changed with the BCP AF.

Message 3 of 16
VintageMel
New Contributor

I just upgraded my BCE to a BCP, and got the official letter today letting me know the $95 AF would show up on my July statement. That leads me to believe they're holding it at $95.

3/28/23
EX 810
EQ 831
TU ???
Cap1 QS March 2017 | AmEx BCP July 2019 | Citi DC June 2020 | AmEx Delta Gold October 2020 | Chase FU October 2020 | Macy's AmEx May 2021
Message 4 of 16
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Mine just renewed last month. Yes its still $95

@VintageMel wrote:

I just upgraded my BCE to a BCP, and got the official letter today letting me know the $95 AF would show up on my July statement. That leads me to believe they're holding it at $95.

Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 5 of 16
wasCB14
Super Contributor

How much do people spend on streaming? I spend about $33 a month, currently all on Schwab for the $20 monthly credit.

I don't know how many people are paying $100 a month.

With the $6k cap on supermarket 6% and many other cards offering extra points on groceries during COVID, BCP customers would need to be getting a lot of value from streaming to accept a higher AF.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine renewed last month - $95. 

I auto-Bill YouTube TV, Hulu, Netflix, XM for three cars, my son's Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions, Disney+, and probably a couple other things as well on this. All of those have yielded 6% back.

Message 7 of 16
importxpresions
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have a great evening.

We got the BCP two months ago and the af charged was still $95

Current:

Mortgage applications waiting for market to calm down
Message 8 of 16
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

I did the year of disney plus for $70 also did playstation plus for $45 a few weeks ago during the sale, i also took advantage of the transit cat a lot before the shut downs. I had to walk 3-4 miles to get to school in downtown chicago so i said heck no and would uber. Also used it for my train tickets as well so ive been able to use all the bonus areas well. Also can be an extra gas card when disco is not 5%

Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 9 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

A simple thing to do is to go to AmericanExpress page incognito/private browsing/whatever and look at the BCP.   Shows AF is $95.    Note OP just asked a question IF the AF had changed.   As of now, the answer seems to be "no"!   (If the fee shown was higher, there would still be the question if existing users were grandfathered for some time, but since the fee hasn't changed....)

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.