Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI... Continued

tag
Avinion
Established Member

Re: AMEX CLI... Continued

1. I haven't been denied for anything. They aren't giving the option to request an increase. The message simply states that my account is too new.

2. A whole lot has changed, so thank you for that. Utilization is below 10%, all collections have been removed, and Fico 8 scores range from 685-696.

Message 11 of 13
Avinion
Established Member

We all know letters aren't sent when a request isn't actually made. As my post says, I'm ineligible to request an increase because of the age of my account. Nothing has been denied.

@Remedios wrote:

@Avinion wrote:

Hey all,

Just updating where I'm at in the process with trying to navigate a CLI from AMEX.

March 6, 2022: Opened a Mariott Bonvoy card.

May 6, 2022: Inquired about a CLI; agent said "New cardholders become eligible at 90 days. The 61 day rule isn't applicable unless already established with AMEX." This doesn't seem to 100% be the case as we've seen, but that's what they're telling people.

June 4, 2022: 90 days, still ineligible. 

June 5, 2022: 91 days, still ineligible. 

June 6, 2022: Statement day, still ineligible. Contacted customer service, who told me the previous agent was completely incorrect. The policy is now 180 days for new cardholders.

Frustrated and irritated, because it just feels like a company like AMEX should have this figured out. Hearing something different from every agent you speak to just feels messy and unprofessional. Live and learn. /shrug.

I'll try to update this thread when/if my account ever become eligible. 

That happens when we ask them questions they aren't supposed to know answers to.

Just like public, CSR aren't privy to underwriting minutiae, nor can they adequately asses your profile. 

So, instead of asking CSR, read the letters they sent.

So, when you got denial letters, what was the reason listed? Just that you have to wait 180 days?

Message 12 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Okies, you got this 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.