Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX HELP! Balance question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX HELP! Balance question

Hi All,

I'm a brand new AMEX user, and my closing is today; I made a payment before the cycle closed, but I still have a small balance showing. I logged on today to pay it, and I'm not being allowed to pay "No balance due on this account at this time" pops up in a window.

I know that I have a balance, and I want to pay it so that I can maintiain my AZEO status.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX HELP! Balance question

you can push payment from your bank, although its probably too late for this billing cycle.

Message 2 of 19
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Did the payment you make cover the whole balance? Or did the new balance show up after the cycle closed?

[2/2019]
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it didn't. It covered the balance at the time, but I made another charge after that, so was going to pay it by statement closing (today).

Does AMEX only allow one payment per month?

With other cards, i'm accustomed to paying several times per month.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can pay as many times as your heart desires.

Message 5 of 19
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No, it didn't. It covered the balance at the time, but I made another charge after that, so was going to pay it by statement closing (today).

Amex allows one payment a month for new card members.  Are you a new card member at Amex?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 6 of 19
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

If you're new with Amex, they may only allow one payment per month. Regardless, the effect of AZEO is short lived, since by next month, you should be able to pay multiple times.

[2/2019]
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I stated that in my original post.

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex allows one payment a month for new card members.  Are you a new card member at Amex?

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience you will be able to pay again in a few days, until Amex probably sees that your bank account won’t bounce on them. You’ll be able to pay multiple times a month after the first billing cycle. I remember I charged my card before I even got it, and paid it of within the next day. Then still kept using it and couldn’t make payments till about 10 days after and now i can pay multiple times a month.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait, how will Amex be able to reject your payment if you push from your bank?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.