Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD Visa Signature Authorized User Questions

tag
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

AOD Visa Signature Authorized User Questions

I was recently approved for the AOD Visa Signature card. Thanks to all for the help and info that I found on the forums!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/AOD-Visa-Signature-Approval-5K-7-49/td-p/6406...

I do have some further questions. Do authorized user cards on the AOD Visa Signature work like BofA and Chase personal cards and share the same card number or are they listed separately with different numbers like AMEX and Capital One? Also, how complicated was the process to add an authorized user? Thank you.

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
shmacckk
Regular Contributor

Re: AOD Visa Signature Authorized User Questions

Shares the same number.

I had to send in photo id when I was added to my wife account.

I recently just added myself as a joint account holder and joined the credit union as well that required a credit pull in case anyone wants to know if they offer joint card holders as well.

Message 2 of 5
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

AUs have the same card number just like most Visa issuers. 

Send AOD a SM and tell them you want to add an AU. They'll email you a docusign form to fill out with the AUs info. They will call your AU in the process and ask a few identity questions as well. 

That's what it took to add my DW.

Message 3 of 5
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@shmacckk wrote:

Shares the same number.

I had to send in photo id when I was added to my wife account.

I recently just added myself as a joint account holder and joined the credit union as well that required a credit pull in case anyone wants to know if they offer joint card holders as well.

So you are now a joint account holder with on the AOD Visa Signature card? That's an interesting option that most big banks don't offer. Thanks for that data point also!

AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 4 of 5
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

AUs have the same card number just like most Visa issuers. 

Send AOD a SM and tell them you want to add an AU. They'll email you a docusign form to fill out with the AUs info. They will call your AU in the process and ask a few identity questions as well. 

That's what it took to add my DW.

Thank you for taking the time to respond! I appreciate it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.