Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a card? What's best?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Add a card? What's best?

I'm honestly suprised I got approved for this Cap1 originally. It did start as a Platinum. I am nervous to apply. I've been pinging the pre-approval sites. The only one showing me any offers atm is US Bank. Any info on those? 

<edit>

I would LOVE the Discover IT. But no dice. 

<edit 2>

Just tried US Bank. No go. I'll be done applying for a while. Need some of these HPs to fall off now. Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 41
newhis
Valued Contributor

The HPs stop hurting your score after 1 year.

They will drop from your reports in 2 years.

Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open NFCU membership. You will benefit greatly. They also have a variety of cards to choose from and you may get approved with those scores. 

Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Open NFCU membership. You will benefit greatly. They also have a variety of cards to choose from and you may get approved with those scores. 

I don't have anyone other than my grandfather who was in the Korean War. Does that count for NFCU? 

Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is NFCU?

Navy Federal Credit Union. You can join by paying a fee to become a member of the Navy League of San Diego. 

Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is NFCU?

Navy Federal Credit Union. You can join by paying a fee to become a member of the Navy League of San Diego. 

OK. Thanks! 

Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I wait on that one? I've had some baddies recently, but all paid. Most are at least a year old I guess, but a few just recently paid. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What is NFCU?

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should still be able to establish membership and then you can either apply now or wait a few months. It's a HP to join and a hard pull to app either way

Message 18 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You should still be able to establish membership and then you can either apply now or wait a few months. It's a HP to join and a hard pull to app either way

Looking at the threads on NCFU, it looks like almost everyone is being accepted and granted a decently sized limit. They also seem like a great CU! I just joined NLUS. Going to go into a branch and apply. See how it shakes out. I'm excited! Thanks for the info! 

Message 19 of 41
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@newhis wrote:

Please define 'fair scores'.

You only have the QS with $300 limit that you opened in August?

You need to report your balance between $3-$20, to have the most points for UTIL.

If you are reporting $0, or $30+ you are not getting all the points you can.

I think you should go with card that will grow with SP CLI.

My favorites for this: Amex BCE and Discover.

If they deny you, you can try again in a few months.

Visit Amex site and try the pre-qual.

I tried evey week until they show me something (when my credit was new, I think I tried for 6-8 weeks).

Good luck.

Sorry, scores are 590-613. Per CCT. Utilization rate I've kept great. Paying in full well before due date. 

I think you should just garden for awhile.

But if you have a strong desire to apply for something, I think you should go for a Barclay Rewards card or an NFCU card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.