Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altitude reserve upgrade sub timer question

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Re: Altitude reserve upgrade sub timer question

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Timely question, I was considering the possibility of doing a Cash+ to AR pc in the near future, but have had the same curiosity about the whole sub issue. While I've seen multiple posts in the past of those getting the sub tracker to show and/or being eligible for the bonus, there's enough dp's to show that is not consistent.

So I called in hoping to clarify this a bit more, and to clarify what USB considers to be an "offer", which is the term they use to indicate a product change is available per each card account you have. In my case I have the offer to switch to an AR on one Cash+ (the one with a 20k cl) and my GO. The rep checked in with her supervisor and came back with an emphatic "no", saying upgrade offers do not qualify for the sub. Of course this is just a front line person checking with a front line manager, so this info is neither here or there.

Not sure I want to risk missing out on the sub, but may be worth the risk for someone who wants the benefits of the AR and mobile wallet earning, without opening a new account. When our Chase CSR priority pass restaurant benefit expires, I'll want a new option to fill that gap, and can use real time rewards to redeem via United Travelbank purchases, making the 3x mobile wallet a 4.5x earner. Gonna have to chew on this one a bit.

A few months ago, I was thinking the same, since I needed AR while did not want to add a new account. So, I "risked" PCing one of my Cash+ to AR, knowing in advance that the SUB might not be gained. After completion of the spending requirement, the SUB was silently posted Smiley Happy

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.