Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express ZYNC APPROVAL with Embedded AutoPay

tag
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

American Express ZYNC APPROVAL with Embedded AutoPay

People have been getting approved for the ZYNC with little to no Credit History, I have just been dying to try. I was going to last night, but didn't pull the trigger. I decided to tonight and got the message: "We were Unable to approve your application for the Original American Express ZYNC. However, we were able to approve you for two other American Express Products." They offered the $500 Spending Limit with Embedded Auto Pay ZYNC Card, or the $200 Spending Limit ZYNC card.

I was going to be PIF every month anyway and I decided to go with the Embedded AutoPay, I was approved instantly after putting in my Bank Routing, and Acct. Number. Card will be here in 7-10 business days. SO happy!!!

Not sure if AMEX is going to treat me same as a "normal" AMEX customer or what. Will I get the same CLI opportunities? Just curious. I appreciate all opinions.

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express ZYNC APPROVAL with Embedded AutoPay

What that means is that you were borderline approved.

I got the same message.
As you said pif is Normal for me so auto pay was no thang but a chicken wang.

But now your in with backdating and future app denials being soft pulls Smiley Happy

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 22
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

A Zync with a hard limit will get you started with Amex, but it's basically a dead-end. You probably won't ever get a CLI, and it's basically stuck as-is.

However if you use it properly, regularly and always PIF, you'll have a better chance at applying for another product of theirs (probably another charge card but NPSL instead) in the future.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditScholar wrote:

A Zync with a hard limit will get you started with Amex, but it's basically a dead-end. You probably won't ever get a CLI, and it's basically stuck as-is.

However if you use it properly, regularly and always PIF, you'll have a better chance at applying for another product of theirs (probably another charge card but NPSL instead) in the future.

+1  I've never heard of anyone getting their limit raised.  I think a few people may have gotten their limit removed or were atleast told it was possible, but it seems to be pretty rare.  But it is a good way to work toward a better Amex card in the future.

Message 4 of 22
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@collinsridge wrote:

People have been getting approved for the ZYNC with little to no Credit History, I have just been dying to try. I was going to last night, but didn't pull the trigger. I decided to tonight and got the message: "We were Unable to approve your application for the Original American Express ZYNC. However, we were able to approve you for two other American Express Products." They offered the $500 Spending Limit with Embedded Auto Pay ZYNC Card, or the $200 Spending Limit ZYNC card.

I was going to be PIF every month anyway and I decided to go with the Embedded AutoPay, I was approved instantly after putting in my Bank Routing, and Acct. Number. Card will be here in 7-10 business days. SO happy!!!

Not sure if AMEX is going to treat me same as a "normal" AMEX customer or what. Will I get the same CLI opportunities? Just curious. I appreciate all opinions.

+1 to all of the above. I would just add that one cannot get clis on amex charge cards. The goal would be to try and get the $500 hard limit removed in which case the card would be no pre set spending limit (npsl), although this will be very difficult to accomplish. 

Only amex credit cards have credit lines, as all of their charge cards are npsl (with the exception of the autopay zync)

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 5 of 22
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Congrats! I am supposed to be in the garden but if one more person posts that they were approved for this card....I'm gonna have to try.....lol I don't know if I have a chance since all my cards were opened within a month of each other but it is oh so tempting!
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 6 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@snowkitty wrote:
Congrats! I am supposed to be in the garden but if one more person posts that they were approved for this card....I'm gonna have to try.....lol I don't know if I have a chance since all my cards were opened within a month of each other but it is oh so tempting!

Smiley Happy.

You probably have a chance, all the advice from the other thread yesterday still applies though both positive and negative.  There will probably be another approval thread tomorrow, it's a pretty common topic on these forums for anyone in the building/rebuilding stages and an Amex relationship.

OP: congrats on the approval, and welcome to the forums!  The above posters' advice is correct: you are a normal customer, but the limit has the proverbial snowball's chance in hell of being removed unfortunately until Amex changes their policies.  To my knowledge not a single individual anytime recently has had that happen; however, for everything else that the Zync is good for, this card counts absolutely and I would've been just as happy with the 500 autopay counter-offer as I am with the NPSL I actually received yesterday... they are equivalent for future Amex goodness in my book.

        
Message 7 of 22
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I would like to try but I worry about the new accounts and the inquiries. I was approved for 6 cards but there were 4 or 5 declines so thats alot in a month right? I also worry about some of my accounts seeing I'm applying for more and cut me off. Mainly boa and discover....r they sensitive like that??
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 8 of 22
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

Just curious does this happen to everyone? If they aren't approved for the Original ZYNC, do they get this second option? Or is there a Straight Disapproval?

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 9 of 22
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I have seen posts here that are straight denials

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.