Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express ZYNC APPROVAL with Embedded AutoPay

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express ZYNC APPROVAL with Embedded AutoPay

Guys Im curious the 500 autopay card is factored into your total credit utilization or no?
Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 11 of 22
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@collinsridge wrote:

Just curious does this happen to everyone? If they aren't approved for the Original ZYNC, do they get this second option? Or is there a Straight Disapproval?

Not everyone gets the 500/200 offer, some are denied outright. It seems like borderline approvals/thin files get the autopay offer more often then others but ymmv as no one knows exactly what triggers the second offer.

Even some amex csrs don't seem to be aware of the 500 autopay zync option - according to posters from past threads at least

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 12 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@WarJar101 wrote:
Guys Im curious the 500 autopay card is factored into your total credit utilization or no?

Not under the '04 or '08 versions of the FICO model.  Because of the term length of one month, they're unilaterally ignored from the revolving utilization calculation same as any other charge card product from Amex.

FICO '98 (vis a vis the TU score here for example) does include it, and as such will compare your high balance vs. your current balance to determine utilization rates.  I honestly don't concern myself with this as most lenders have moved on from the '98 version: mortgage is '04, and we suspect more and more lenders are now using '08 versions for credit card approvals.

        
Message 13 of 22
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I'll just wait my 6 months then, I'd prefer the NPSL just because...lol. Thanks for the info.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 14 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Backdate of 2012 > one of 2013 warjar.

The autopay limit is trivial and nobody other than on this forum is going to know let alone care, and there's no stigma on this forum either as almost all of us found it after finding something ugly out about our credit. Take the counter offer if it gets you the earlier date... Unless you already have had a prior Amex it does make a non-trivial difference in the 2-4 year range.

This isassuming you want a Zync and likely some other Amex product in the future.

        
Message 15 of 22
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I see what you're saying Revelate. Do you think with my thin credit history (look at sig) that I could qualify for 500 autopay?

Message 16 of 22
dude11
Regular Contributor

Have had the Zync with this $500 limit and auto pay for 19 months and still can't get the limit increased nor removed. Have applied for the Amex Green and Gold but no dice. The limit does not get reported to the credit bureaus either.Plan on not using the card for 6 months and see if Amex bites. Keep in mind YMMV.

Message 17 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@WarJar101 wrote:

I see what you're saying Revelate. Do you think with my thin credit history (look at sig) that I could qualify for 500 autopay?

Oh hrm, TBH I didn't even look at your sig when I posted my response, my apologies.  Do you have any other credit history besides those two tradelines?

I'd probably wait till mid-December in your case.  Now vs. December is the same for backdating anyway.

        
Message 18 of 22
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i believe they like 6 months of history before apping. 

which is why i had a thin file. 

i got approved with the 500 autopay. 

but im in with amex. 

no baddies on my report. 

when i apped score was around 710 across all three reports. (last time i checked through annual credit, all three reported same thing minus inquries) 

i got a letter from my bank saying my score for apping a odp was 726 on tu. the same day i apped zync. im sure they hit all three reports i know tu and eq not sure about ex though

my aaoa was only 7 months though (2 oldest accounts 2 years old)

but getting in amex now even with a 500 limit or 200 whatever. 

when you do app for another amex its always a soft pull on denial vs hard pull. 

plus the backdating. so im still glad i have a zync now vs in december 

just my 2cents.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 19 of 22
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Guess I should at least apply later in the year then, because I just got my first credit line last month. Unless there's a chance of approval now. Even for the limited card
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.