cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex MR changes to point availability and display.

tag
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Amex MR changes to point availability and display.

Logged into Amex this evening to check my MR balance. No self referrals but I have been MS heavy this month. No VGC mainly reselling

This is a new development.
Points are now available upon payment

Very positive change in my experience, seems to reduce the lag time we all hate. 

You can now see every single charge on all accounts from this page and the amount of points and any bonus multipliers as well. 

673AF7F4-ECB1-4604-BC22-06A811477210.jpeg

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex MR changes to point availability and display.

The few small things that bugged me about my Gold Card (international restaurants, and points posting so much later) have been taken care of. Mind you, these were only minor problems for me personally anyway. Really love this card.
Message 2 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

Logged into Amex this evening to check my MR balance. No self referrals but I have been MS heavy this month. No VGC mainly reselling

This is a new development.
Points are now available upon payment

Very positive change in my experience, seems to reduce the lag time we all hate. 

You can now see every single charge on all accounts from this page and the amount of points and any bonus multipliers as well. 

673AF7F4-ECB1-4604-BC22-06A811477210.jpeg

So it's some portion of the points that are available?  6.6K out of 76K?  Or are most of those points post statement?

Message 3 of 18
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

In my example. 

I had the platinum close two days ago which I purchased a flight on. That gave me the 6.6K points available upon payment since I haven’t made a payment as the statement just closed. 

The pending points is currently all the posted charges on ALL accounts that are mid statement. Basically anything that hasn’t posted to the main points balance once a statement closes.

Theres a running list below that that encompasses every posted charge on every MR card. Once a respective card’s statement closes they move into the available upon payment. Once you pay then they move into actual points balance.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Longtime, I BELIEVE that the 6.6K would be from his May spending. His June spending would be the 7.5K.

This is a great post! Sure to help with time table of points allocation instead of just the “pending points.”
Message 5 of 18
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Longtime, I BELIEVE that the 6.6K would be from his May spending. His June spending would be the 7.5K.

This is a great post! Sure to help with time table of points allocation instead of just the “pending points.”

If you read the post above yours. I mentioned how the numbers were calculated. 

The 6.6K points is from my platinum card July statement. 

The other 76,000 points are from all my other card accounts that are currently mid statement. 

The stuff above is only from July 1st

Message 6 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The other 76,000 points are from all my other card accounts that are currently mid statement. 

So I went to my BCP account to see if a similar thing has been done there!  Guess I have to wait for statement to close.

Message 7 of 18
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I went to my BCP account to see if a similar thing has been done there!  Guess I have to wait for statement to close.

I'm not sure if any changes were made to that. The blue card in the top corner is a BBP.

These changes relate to the change in T&C for MR earning cards. Amex stated they were going to change how points were available after minimum payments.

Message 8 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure if any changes were made to that. The blue card in the top corner is a BBP.

These changes relate to the change in T&C for MR earning cards. Amex stated they were going to change how points were available after minimum payments.

I understand, I was just hoping that if they were willing to remove one of the major annoyances from the MR program, they might do the same for cashback series!  

Message 9 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

This is a great change which will encourage me to pay my amex cards off on statement cut more often. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.