cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Reference Number?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Amex Reference Number?

Just got approved for the Hilton Ascend. Trying to add it to my account and it’s asking for a reference number with my birth year and zip code. What’s the reference number I need?

New Accounts: 13/6 15/12 16/24 oops
I think I got all I want...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Reference Number?

@ToxikPH wrote:
Just got approved for the Hilton Ascend. Trying to add it to my account and it’s asking for a reference number with my birth year and zip code. What’s the reference number I need?

Did you look in your email? It should be there with your approval email.

Message 2 of 7
Frequent Contributor

There’s nothing in the email. It does give me a link to access my card number which I’ve never seen before but the link doesn’t work.

Message 3 of 7

You can reach out to them directly to have them link your account manually to your AmEx user profile.
Message 4 of 7
Frequent Contributor

I asked through chat if they could link it and they said no. Should I be trying something else?

Message 5 of 7

Call them. Chat has some limited capabilities.
Message 6 of 7

Just went through this yesterday... A phone rep can manually link the new account since you are a current account holder. If you weren't an account holder and didn't record the reference # on the approval screen, you would have to wait for the card to arrive to activate your online profile. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.