Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Reference Number?

tag
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

Amex Reference Number?

Just got approved for the Hilton Ascend. Trying to add it to my account and it’s asking for a reference number with my birth year and zip code. What’s the reference number I need?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Reference Number?

@ToxikPH wrote:
Just got approved for the Hilton Ascend. Trying to add it to my account and it’s asking for a reference number with my birth year and zip code. What’s the reference number I need?

Did you look in your email? It should be there with your approval email.

Message 2 of 7
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

There’s nothing in the email. It does give me a link to access my card number which I’ve never seen before but the link doesn’t work.
Message 3 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

You can reach out to them directly to have them link your account manually to your AmEx user profile.
Message 4 of 7
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

I asked through chat if they could link it and they said no. Should I be trying something else?
Message 5 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Call them. Chat has some limited capabilities.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just went through this yesterday... A phone rep can manually link the new account since you are a current account holder. If you weren't an account holder and didn't record the reference # on the approval screen, you would have to wait for the card to arrive to activate your online profile. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.