cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any CC's that you know of that give 5% or greater on ETSY?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Any CC's that you know of that give 5% or greater on ETSY?

About ready to order a 3500 custom made floating entertainment center off ETSY.  before I just use my AOD at 3% seeing if anyone knows of a CC that might have a cat of 5% that I might just have that codes for 5% at etsy?  Weird question, but money saved is money saved and might have said card already.

08 Scores - TU: 839 - EXP:839 - EQ:838
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Any CC's that you know of that give 5% or greater on ETSY?

BofA CCR set to Online Shopping with $100k+ would probably give 4.25% (5.25% then 1.75% after the cap).

I'm not certain of the merchant coding, though. I've mostly bought stuff there during Amex promos.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@wasCB14 wrote:

BofA CCR set to Online Shopping with $100k+ would probably give 4.25% (5.25% then 1.75% after the cap).

I'm not certain of the merchant coding, though. I've mostly bought stuff there during Amex promos.

Ya that would work but obviously 100k with BofA which is doable as have about 50k sitting in there now in w/Merrill IRA's, but for the 1.5% extra for moving another 50k dunno..  Then would be another card open currently have the Merrill + card and Premium rewards.  others might have it such as cash+ as well, but capped.  AOD might be easiest and best bet flat 3%.  Appreciate the thoughts though

Message 3 of 16
Drifter73
Established Contributor

Is the entertainment center only on Etsy? If it's Also at BestBuy, the BestBuy Visa backed by Citi has a first time purchase promo at the moment for 10%cb on your first purchase and 5% thereafter. + 3%Gas, 2% groceries and dining. They also offer a 12 to 24mo. Finance option.

Reference: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/financing-rewards/pcmcat102500050032.c?id=pcmcat102500050032&ref=2...

Update: sorry, just realized you said "Custom made" so this may not work for you.

Message 4 of 16
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

By chance does Etsy take mobile payments?  If yes are you willing to wait until July 1?  Discover It has mobile payments as a 5% category for quarter 3.  

Unfortunately though it's on up to $1500 in spend between July 1 and Sept 30 so it wouldn't cover the full amount of that purchase.  Anything over the $1500 cap would only earn 1% back.  

Message 5 of 16
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

By chance does Etsy take mobile payments?  If yes are you willing to wait until July 1?  Discover It has mobile payments as a 5% category for quarter 3.  Unfortunately though it's on up to $1500 in spend between July 1 and Sept 30 so it wouldn't cover the full amount of that purchase.  

Doing a dummy checkout, I see

Visa/MC/Amex/Discover

PayPal

Google Pay (maybe this could work?)

Klarna (installment plan)

*What about Altitude Reserve on Google Pay? Would that count for the bonus category?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 16
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

By chance does Etsy take mobile payments?  If yes are you willing to wait until July 1?  Discover It has mobile payments as a 5% category for quarter 3.  Unfortunately though it's on up to $1500 in spend between July 1 and Sept 30 so it wouldn't cover the full amount of that purchase.  

Doing a dummy checkout, I see

Visa/MC/Amex/Discover

PayPal

Google Pay (maybe this could work?)

Klarna (installment plan)

@wasCB14  Ooh, hopefully so! It's worth noting though anything over the $1500 cap would be only earning 1% back on the Discover It.

I added this to my previous comment but you had already responded so you may not have seen that. 

Message 7 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Don't have the AR..  Don't think they take mobile payment as mentioned.  Likely as mentioned just use AOD for 3% or can open a new card for sign-up bonus and % back on top of it.  3% back will give me about 100$ back on $3400 purchase which includes shipping/tax and just PIF.  Was hoping tax wouldn't be included on ETSY, but indeed it was which was a bit surprising since no store front in my state, but who knows those laws could of changed awhile ago.   Remember Amazon didn't unless you had a warehouse near you where I use to live, but you were responsible for possibly paying it although IRS would of never known.  Anyways getting a bit off topic.

if curious doing this is White Oak with a few customizations.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1253950741/floating-walnut-media-console?ref=cart

Message 8 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Don't have the AR..  Don't think they take mobile payment as mentioned.  Likely as mentioned just use AOD for 3% or can open a new card for sign-up bonus and % back on top of it. 

Right, the difference between AOD and a (hypothetical) 5% card on this purchase is around $70.  Certainly you can get a better SUB than that on this spend if you want to go a new card route.

Message 9 of 16
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Can you check out w a digital wallet like Apple Pay or Google pay?

starting July 1 Discovers quarter 3 is 5% back on online wallets and gas.

(nevermind just remembered the 1500 cap) 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.