cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know the minimum requirements and reports used for the USAA credit card products?

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone know the minimum requirements and reports used for the USAA credit card products?

Ok, I'm chickening out.  In 6-12 months my EQ will be significantly better, i.e some baddies timing out.  Everything I've learned says that USAA pulls EQ, so I will spend the next twelve months grooming that report as best I can to ensure acceptance.  In the meantime I'm applying for a 1k secured with WF (see journal).  I'll post here when I apply for the USAA.

If anyone knows the min EQ Fico that USAA needs, I'd love to hear it.

Message 31 of 43
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone know the minimum requirements and reports used for the USAA credit card products?

A USAA representative once told me that they do not like to see more that 50% utilization on (revolving) accounts.  Almost got denied a car loan because of this! 

Message 32 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@p- wrote:

Ok, I'm chickening out.  In 6-12 months my EQ will be significantly better, i.e some baddies timing out.  Everything I've learned says that USAA pulls EQ, so I will spend the next twelve months grooming that report as best I can to ensure acceptance.  In the meantime I'm applying for a 1k secured with WF (see journal).  I'll post here when I apply for the USAA.

If anyone knows the min EQ Fico that USAA needs, I'd love to hear it.

If you focus only on your FICO score then you are setting yourself up for failure.  You can have a 750+ and still get shot down.

You need to get rid of INQs and negatives, watch your utilization and have sufficient income and then you'll be ok even if your FICO is below 700.

Message 33 of 43
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you focus only on your FICO score then you are setting yourself up for failure.  You can have a 750+ and still get shot down.

You need to get rid of INQs and negatives, watch your utilization and have sufficient income and then you'll be ok even if your FICO is below 700.

Yup.  Hence the previous posts regarding baddies falling off, etc. and waiting to apply for USAA card.  Income is OK, just a few more things to time out and I'll be in great shape.

I did get that WF secured card.  I'm going to lobby hard after 6 months to get it graduated.

Message 34 of 43
p-
Valued Contributor

After about 4 months using the secured WF card at a 1k limit, today I see an email in my inbox from USAA pre-approved for their cash rewards Amex!  Woohoo!  So I accepted and got instant approval for 3k!

My credit is definitely not yet perfect...  but it looks like I'm good enough for them.  And even better, now I will qualify for the scan/photo check deposit.  Since my company doesn't offer direct deposit that is going to be sweeeeet.

WF just got moved ot the back of the wallet.

Message 35 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the USAA card. Always a good feeling when you get accepted.

When you go to graduate your Wells Fargo card let me know how that goes. I been trying to get them to graduate mine for the last 6 months. Keep on getting the same old "we are not graduating anyone's cards right now" story
Message 36 of 43
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

Congrats

I've had a USAA World Mastercard for about 6 months now and I'm very pleased. I received a very nice 11.9% APR after the into period and I've been very satisfied with their customer service the few times I've called in. There car rental perks are also huge pluses since I'm not yet 25 and they allow me to waive the underage driver fee. Which is about $25/day through most companies.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 43
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the USAA card. Always a good feeling when you get accepted.

When you go to graduate your Wells Fargo card let me know how that goes. I been trying to get them to graduate mine for the last 6 months. Keep on getting the same old "we are not graduating anyone's cards right now" story

Thanks, I'll let you know when / if they grad me.  If they don't do it after a year I may cancel them and get my deposit back.  Please let me know if you get yours graduated and what you had to do to get it done.

Message 38 of 43
p-
Valued Contributor

@drsmith wrote:

Congrats

I've had a USAA World Mastercard for about 6 months now and I'm very pleased. I received a very nice 11.9% APR after the into period and I've been very satisfied with their customer service the few times I've called in. There car rental perks are also huge pluses since I'm not yet 25 and they allow me to waive the underage driver fee. Which is about $25/day through most companies.

Thanks; Very happy with USAA, and lookng forward to using this card.  Now I can buy plane tickets for more than 1k, and get the credit card protections I don't get with my debit card.  Plus the cash rewards will be nice too.

Message 39 of 43
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Will a CC offer eventually pop-up if you've never applied for credit with USAA. I've read USAA does not pull a report simply to become a member or have checking/savings acct, so how could they "pre-approve"?
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.