cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with recent Keybank card experience?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone with recent Keybank card experience?

Curious because a forum/google search brings up posts that are mainly 2015-2018, so they're likely somewhat out of date.

I wouldn't app out of the blue for their cards, but Key holds the loan on my Audi. I went into the local branch today to make the first payment and decided to set up a checking account. Shunt off a chunk of my weekly direct deposit to this account as my main banking institution is a local CU, and automate the loan payments. I left with a new active no-hassle checking account with two months' worth of payments on deposit and preapproval for the Key2More Rewards card and the Latitude card. The rewards card is nothing special but the Latitude is 0% for 15 months, followed by an APR of 9.99-12.99% which is not bad at all. I'm tempted somewhat for that alone. Also, just curious although I'm pretty sure I know, but with their preapproval do they still do a HP? They're still EQ pullers as they confirmed today.

However, the reviews from past years are somewhat lukewarm so I wanted to see if anyone has recent experience with the cards. Any feedback is appreciated Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone with recent Keybank card experience?

The only one I remember having

Key Bank Cards is @Mahraja I'm sure there are

others. Good luck whatever you decide to do

@Anonymous 

Cheers

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, and yeah I found his posts and those of another guy but both are way outliers, with Raj's $50k SLs and the other guy having like 38 cards from Key and retiring from the game when he broke an aggregate million dollar TCL. From what I gather from other somewhat sporadic posts (which are mainly a few years old too) it would be a decent backup card like a Quicksilver is. However, I took a few HPs for my car loan in late May and have a recent CU Visa HP and approval from April, so I'm not ready to take another HP for a card that would be primarily riding the bench. If it's a legit good card I would be swayed but I don't have any appreciable balances to transfer and of my $63,850 TCL, I owe a total of $2474 (almost all on 0% offers) and have 14 cards at $0 balances, so I don't need the CL, I'd be taking it as a luxury.

Message 3 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hi @Anonymous  i believe you may be thinking of @12njoy  as he has posted about his approvals.  No matter what, a 15 month 0% apr card in this environment is priceless and 9-12% apr is fantastic. You should go for it.  If you dont need the apr promo then maybe wait til you do. Somehow i dont think you will be one of us who doesnt get those offers when we need themSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 22
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I had looked into them at one point because they've had a pretty significant presence in southern and western Maine for years.    From what I remember their cards are pretty vanilla unless you were prepared to make the bank your primary FI

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

I had looked into them at one point because they've had a pretty significant presence in southern and western Maine for years.    From what I remember their cards are pretty vanilla unless you were prepared to make the bank your primary FI

Careful @coldfusion , some people like VanillaSmiley Wink 

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion That was the gist I got on the rewards card. It's 5 points per dollar but the points are worth almost nothing - they make Skymiles look like MRs. You get bonus points for spending $1000/month on the card, and more bonus points for $2000/month but I'm not sacrificing my MR earnings to get points that are more restrictive. AJC is right that the other card could definitely be good, with 0% for 15 months and a low APR afterward. That's the one I'm weighing. I can't see the rewards card being worthwhile when I'm heavily invested in the Amex/MR ecosystem already.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Hi @Anonymous  i believe you may be thinking of @12njoy  as he has posted about his approvals.  No matter what, a 15 month 0% apr card in this environment is priceless and 9-12% apr is fantastic. You should go for it.  If you dont need the apr promo then maybe wait til you do. Somehow i dont think you will be one of us who doesnt get those offers when we need themSmiley Wink

Yep that's the guy lol. 

Message 8 of 22
RootDet
Established Contributor

My only experience was being denied for too much available credit, and that was exactly 6 months ago apparently.  Someone else got a card with good SL with lots of available credit. So what metric they choose seems to be YMMV based on what underwriter you got. 

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ thank you - just what I need, another Disco lol.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.