Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree

tag
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

App Spree

I decided to get a bunch of cards now since I'm 2+ years away from getting a mortgage.  I figured I throw out a bunch of apps and see what sticks.

I pulled my scores just before the spree.  I wanted to see them one last time before I blasted them into space. Smiley Very Happy

My TU was 691.  EQ was 630.  I have to assume EX was about the same as TU as it is has similar account info (and is close to TU on USAA's FAKO score)...

So without further adieu, here are the cards and results:

CardResult

NFCUReview
US AirwaysReview
BJ'sReview
American AirlinesApproved
American Express ZyncDenied
ChaseReview
ChryslerNot Instant
Bank of AmericaReview
WalmartReview
Macy'sApproved
DiscoverApproved
CitiReview
DellDenied
Kohl'sApproved
PayPalApproved
AmazonReview
US BankReview

Once I get the results from the cards under review I will update the post.  I may recon a couple but I'm not going to go crazy with it.  I have pretty much all I need at this point.

I figure I'll wait until September or October to pull my scores again (to see the damage).  Then I'm off to the garden for 2 years.

BTW - I already have 2 Cap One cards for about 9 months ($500 limits) and I just got a USAA Secured MC ($5000).  I know that's enough for FICO, but my goal is more to build relationships, increase my CL,  and not have to app for cards again until after I have the keys to my new house.

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Re: App Spree

17 apps? Now that's a real app spree. You're definitely gonna need the two years to rebound from that.  Congrats on the approvals. What are the amounts?

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 2 of 53
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

This is not an app spree. This is apps gone wild! Is your eq score 630 Fico? I'm curious about the NFCU app, if you have a decent AAOA and no recent baddies they should approve you
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 3 of 53
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Apps gone wild lol that's an understatement. Oh well at least all the new ones will age well together. I agree that nfcu will likely be approved
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 53
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Discover and nfcu should do well for you Smiley Happy
FICO 9:

Message 5 of 53
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

hopper why will nfcu do him well? jw i had my cash rewards from nfcu for 3 yrs

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 6 of 53
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

@journey258 wrote:

17 apps? Now that's a real app spree. You're definitely gonna need the two years to rebound from that.  Congrats on the approvals. What are the amounts?

Wow!  I did not realize there was 17 apps.  I actually had more to apply for but I made it a point to stop after I got one that was 'similar'.  For example, I scrapped Sears app once I was approved for Kohl's.  Macy's was a duplicate because they originally did not approve (it was review but I got an e-mail to call within an hour).  I applied to both airlines because the first one didn't approve instantly (I didn't want to wait until later with all the INQs on my reports).

BTW - Other than the AAoA, it's not that bad.  9 INQs on EX. Only 3 for EQ. 7 INQs on TU.  

I'll post the amounts when I get everything together.  So far I have a high of $2000 and a low of $400.

Message 7 of 53
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Nfcu gives nice credit limits and low interest. Ive heard a lot of stories about people getting increases on their credit limit automatically. Also you can change your card type by calling... no need to apply for one of their other cards; you can just change to it and not lose the history
FICO 9:

Message 8 of 53
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:
This is not an app spree. This is apps gone wild! Is your eq score 630 Fico? I'm curious about the NFCU app, if you have a decent AAOA and no recent baddies they should approve you

Yes, EQ FICO.  EQ has my 2003 Chapter 13 listed as DISMISSED, which is incorrect.  It also has a few 30 and 60 day lates from 2008 and a paid collection.  None of these are on my other reports.  Plus, TU has my paid car loan.

For NFCU, I just joined yesterday and apped for the card right away.  Since they don't know me I can understand the wait.  Plus, they like EQ.  I did put in the note on the app that EQ had some errors.  I see they did check TU as well so hopefully they will understand.

Message 9 of 53
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Apps gone wild lol that's an understatement. Oh well at least all the new ones will age well together. I agree that nfcu will likely be approved

Yes, that was my thought as well.  They can age together and the INQs can fall off the report together.  When the time comes for the house, my report will be clean on all 3 CRs.

Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.