Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspire Credit card

tag
janov
Valued Member

Aspire Credit card

Hi everyone i have an interesting (for me) question

Months ago i received a preapproved mail offer for an Aspire Credit card. I tried to look for it everywhere and i wasn't able to find any information about it. I discoverd that there is an Aspire Visa card cheap card and an aspire credit union card but neither of them are that card. I was sure it wasn't the best of card it has an annual fee of 39$, a 22% APR, it's a mastercard and no rewards, the only thing i discoverd is that is issued by Bank of Missouri but i couldn't find any kind of information in this forum and neither on other places. Anyway at time (june) i applied and got approved, maybe it wasn't the best but with my limited history it was my highest limit card and it still is. 

They pulled experian and from that stop. The card never apper on any report ever, I used it, it works and i always paid in full, no issue at all.

So i'm wondering who i'm banking with? I had no issue with them and it's still my best card for CL but i don't understand why i can't find any kind of information about it neither on google (it appears but you really have to look for it) and i'm worried becouse it never show on a credit report. I've opened it thinking it can help my history right now and cancel it in the future since it has a AF, i hope i still can do it. Thank you for all the help!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Re: Aspire Credit card

Are you talking about this?

https://www.aspire.com/product/aspire-credit-card/#

apire-credit-card-min.png

My guess (I could be wrong) is that it takes them a while before they start to report the account.

AMEX, for example, can take upwards of 3 months before reporting a new account.

Message 2 of 20
janov
Valued Member

yes it is! do you know it?

Message 3 of 20
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I used to have an Aspire Gold card from years ago. I just shredded it the other month when I came across it in an old wallet. I never had problems with them and they definitely reported back then.

Message 4 of 20
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@janov wrote:

yes it is! do you know it?

Sorry, I do not know much about it. I just googled and found it.  Check out the cardholder agreement, they mention things about credit reporting. Of course, you can also contact them.

CREDIT REPORTS AND INFORMATION
Credit Reports
You authorize us to make or have made any credit, employment or other investigative inquiries we deem appropriate to renew, review or collect amounts owed to us on your Account. We also may obtain follow-up credit reports on you for any lawful purpose as long as you have an outstanding balance.
Notice of Information Reporting
We may report information about your Account to credit bureaus. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your Account may be reflected in your credit report.
Information Sharing
You acknowledge and agree that we may share information about you with others in accordance with our Privacy Notice (a copy of which we will provide to you and may be obtained from www.aspire.com/my-account as it is in effect from time to time).
Notice of Inaccurate Information
If you believe that we have information about you that is inaccurate or that we have reported or may report to a credit reporting agency information about you that is inaccurate, please notify us of the specific information that you believe is inaccurate by writing to us at Account Services, P.O. Box 105555, Atlanta, GA 30348-5555.

Message 5 of 20
Maker_Bayfield
Valued Member

Janov,

I to have this card as it was one of the few that would accept me out of BK.  I've had it for about 3 months now and haven't had any issues outside of inept customer service. 

By that I mean mine, like yours, hasn't showed up on my credit report at all.  My due date is the 4th of every month, statement closing date is the 7th. I have diligently made sure to have a zero or extremely low balance for utilization purposes. 

When I first got the card, I did an online chat with a CSR who told me that it would report on the statement date, it didn't.  I am in my third month and recently did another online chat asking again, this CSR told me he didn't know when the statement date was or when it would report........like i said, outside of the inept CSR's and not reporting, i haven't had an issue.

Message 6 of 20
janov
Valued Member

Hi maker,

I can say the same, no particular problem with the customer service but i asked them just one time and they really don't know a lot. The card works and for me is good, it's just annoying that it doesn't show on the credit report, right now i'm at my 4th statement. Hopefully it's just slow, i'll wait and let you know if it will show.

thank everyone for your answers!

Message 7 of 20
Maker_Bayfield
Valued Member

Has your's ever reported.  I'm going into my 4th statement of not reporting.  I PIF every month and am tempted to leave a small balance to see if that kick starts the reporting.  Otherwise this does me zero good in my rebuild.

Message 8 of 20
janov
Valued Member

It appearead today both on experian and transunion, after my 4th statement. The annoying thing is that is shows as opened this month and not  in july so i'm missing 4 months of age

Message 9 of 20
Maker_Bayfield
Valued Member

Thanks for replying, its nice to hear that it at least finally does start

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.