Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user showing on CR?

tag
paix
Established Member

Authorized user showing on CR?

I have a question but I thought if you're only the authorized user (not joint) of someone else's credit card account, it does not show up on your credit report?

In an effort to help re-build my credit, my husband wanted to add me as a joint account in his Citibank credit card. However, he was told they do not do joint accounts and he can only add me as an authorized user. Well, my husband said ok but requested a card in my name. Just gave my name, no SS#, nothing else.

Today while I was checking Truecredit, I decided to re-pull my credit report just to see if I have any updates from a few things I sent goodwill letters for. I noticed that Citibank is now listed as a revolving account. How can that be if my husband was not allowed to add me as a joint account? And he didn't have to provide my SS# or anything?

So now, I'm just trying to understand if we do in fact have a joint account now because it is reporting on my credit report?

Anyone?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

Re: Authorized user showing on CR?

Someone did a similar thing for me. It counts. 

08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 2 of 6
paix
Established Member

So only certain credit cards report  authorized users to their credit report? Because I'm also an authorized user on my husband's Target Visa (have been for 6 months) but that is not reported on my credit report.

Plus, how did they add me without my SS#?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@paix wrote:

So only certain credit cards report  authorized users to their credit report? Because I'm also an authorized user on my husband's Target Visa (have been for 6 months) but that is not reported on my credit report.

Hi paix!

It's true that not all AU accounts report to the credit bureas, but quite a few do. Also, they're able to 'identify' you, by your address, presumably the same as your DH.

Message 4 of 6
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

I know it's OK either way but I'd really like to see a second comma in your signature. 

08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 5 of 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@paix wrote:

Hi paix!

It's true that not all AU accounts report to the credit bureas, but quite a few do. Also, they're able to 'identify' you, by your address, presumably the same as your DH.

Please also note that not all CCCs consider AU accounts when evaluating you for credit as you do not have a financial responsibility on a AU account.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.