Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCE approval question

tag
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

BCE approval question

I was debating if should app for BCE the advice here was 50/50 garden/go for it, I have 2 pd collections 1 may have fallen off or is next month and some 120+ lates and a paid C/O from citi but everything for the most part is due to fall off this yr or next.  I was on the fence because I was afraid of getting a low limit but my $75 credit one annual fee is coming up soon so I bit the bullet and apped via existing card member- I have a NSPL ZYNC from 2011, and got instant approval! was happy but they didn't give me my limit and I called they said $1000, I am debating if I should recon for 1500 or more or just wait the 61 days and attempt the 3x cli?

and yes the credit one which has 1150 line is getting canceled the day I receive my new precious so my wallet will be complete and in the garden till next yr  then I only want my credit union to up my limit on the visa I have w/ them, no auto cli, all cli's are hard pulls 

amx zync-NSPL fall 2011

amx bce-1000 -yesterday!

amazon store 2500- fall 2010

barclay's reward mastercard- 1300 early 2013

credit union 1200-fall 2011

discover more 1900-summer 2012

khols dept store 1000-early 2013

Maybe one day I will try for a chase but I am in no hurry as of now. I just want to garden and hopefully watch my prime card limits grow with auto luv.

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: BCE approval question

Message 2 of 14
annebythesea
New Contributor

I say just wait for the 61 days. Congrats on your approval!

Starting Score: MyFico EQ 694 (3/2013)
Current Score: MyFico EQ 707 (4/1/2013), EX 734 (4/12/2013 - AMEX pull)
Goal Score: 740+, gardening since: 5/17/13

Message 3 of 14
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new card! I would probably just do the usual 3x plan - if you follow it, you could have 9k cl within the year! But I will defer to the more knowledgeable here about reconning the initial CL.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 4 of 14
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

thanks everyone, 61 days isn't too much to ask and frankly i will be thrilled w/ any limit over 2,500 the 5k+ mark is when temption starts to set in and then its like oh new flat screen you look so pretty how about you come home with me. the only good thing about toy limts is they really make you think before you buy. i learned my lesson the hardway don't wanna repeat preformance of cc debt hell lol.

Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 5 of 14
annebythesea
New Contributor

@phillyguy12 wrote:

thanks everyone, 61 days isn't too much to ask and frankly i will be thrilled w/ any limit over 2,500 the 5k+ mark is when temption starts to set in and then its like oh new flat screen you look so pretty how about you come home with me. the only good thing about toy limts is they really make you think before you buy. i learned my lesson the hardway don't wanna repeat preformance of cc debt hell lol.

Absolutely. I am keeping my BCP at 2K at least through summer not because I don't want the 3x CLI but I am afraid that I will fall into old habits again and I have worked too these last few months to get myself out of that big black hole. I know me and right now I'd rather have a small limit then a huge amount owed. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: MyFico EQ 694 (3/2013)
Current Score: MyFico EQ 707 (4/1/2013), EX 734 (4/12/2013 - AMEX pull)
Goal Score: 740+, gardening since: 5/17/13

Message 6 of 14
codesingh
Regular Contributor

+1 on waiting for 61 days' 2x CLI.

It is about establishing a good track record...61 days will fly like anything...great thing about amex first CLI, such a less time compared to other lenders!

I was approved beginning of this month and patiently waiting for the 61 day mark...today is day 22! 39 more days to go!

Congrats on approval.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 7 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

+1 On taking the usual route.

I had similar tradeline limits as you when I got my BCP in January at the same 1K, it's now at 3K and ahead of all of the rest of my cards currently.

Use it well, and there's a good chance the same will happen to you.  Now I'm just waiting for the six months to pass, and if I get another CLI, there's a good chance it's going to take me north of the 5K mark which was a small but definite worthwhile credit goal for me when it comes to upgrading all of my tradelines post mortgage.

        
Message 8 of 14
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

oh i am hoping this is just an internal screw up i just got an email from amx i hope they didn't down grade me, when i called for the limit they asked what i applied for and i said BCE and he said ok i found it and gave me the limit, but when i log in i see a BCE, this is gonna be a long 7-10 day wait lol

Thank you for choosing to receive paperless Statements and Account Communications for the account(s) listed below:

Account

Ending In

Optima® Credit Card

XXXXX

Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 9 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@phillyguy12 wrote:

oh i am hoping this is just an internal screw up i just got an email from amx i hope they didn't down grade me, when i called for the limit they asked what i applied for and i said BCE and he said ok i found it and gave me the limit, but when i log in i see a BCE, this is gonna be a long 7-10 day wait lol

Thank you for choosing to receive paperless Statements and Account Communications for the account(s) listed below:

Account

Ending In

Optima® Credit Card

XXXXX

Have you ever had an optima account before???

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.