Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BankAmericard Cash Rewards No longer aff. w/ HRC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BankAmericard Cash Rewards No longer aff. w/ HRC

I'm in a bit of a pickle, this card is my second oldest (Summer 2013). My oldest being a Citi (March 2013). Recently they made a comprose with HB 3 that HRC didn't agree with, so HRC rejected Bofa donation. I don't know if I should cancel the card or hold on to it for hope of a reconcilation with HRC.

I don't really like Bank of America, their website sucks, their emailed bills suck (they never mention how much is due. I always have to log in and check manually)

The rewards aren't all that great I have a citi double, so really only 3% for gas is beneficial to me. 

My fico has been around 750-770 for past few years. I want to buy a house within the next 3-5 years. 

Thank you

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BankAmericard Cash Rewards No longer aff. w/ HRC

I would imagine it would eventually convert to a regular cash rewards.

It's up to you whether to close or not. There isn't an AF, so it's up to you.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in a bit of a pickle, this card is my second oldest (Summer 2013). My oldest being a Citi (March 2013). Recently they made a comprose with HB 3 that HRC didn't agree with, so HRC rejected Bofa donation. I don't know if I should cancel the card or hold on to it for hope of a reconcilation with HRC.

I don't really like Bank of America, their website sucks, their emailed bills suck (they never mention how much is due. I always have to log in and check manually)

The rewards aren't all that great I have a citi double, so really only 3% for gas is beneficial to me. 

My fico has been around 750-770 for past few years. I want to buy a house within the next 3-5 years. 

Thank you

I have no idea what the bolded part of your post is about.  Also Bank of America's website is pretty awesome.  And so is their mobile applciation..

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

As much as I used to tell myself my BOA cards arent that great, I find myself constantly using it for gas  ( I drive a lot) and getting 3.75% cashback on it.  Just recenty I had to get a bunch of stuff at Walmart and it codes as groceries for me so I got  2.5% cash back at walmart. I try to use my other cards more but I keep coming back to my BofA cash rewards because it keeps becoming useful for me as much as I think it might not be. 

I find their website not bad at all, the site seems organized to me and  I always view my rewards and it tells you what qualifed for the bonus etc. 

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you

I have no idea what the bolded part of your post is about.  Also Bank of America's website is pretty awesome.  And so is their mobile applciation..

In North Carolina you may have heard about House Bill 2 that essentially denied transpeople the right to use the restroom of the gender they present/identify as rather than the one they were born (assigned at birth) as (hopefully that was politically correct enough-I am not completely up on proper terms). HRC (that is the Human Rights Campaign-you may have seen people with an equal sign bumper sticker-thats them) claimed that BofA participated in getting House Bill 2's replacement law, HB142 set into motion that will allow NC to purportedly extend discrimination against LGBTQ people until 2021. As such, HRC rejected a $25K donation from BofA as well as planned to reject another $300K donation as a result of this. So of course the co-branded HRC Cash Rewards Visa is no longer being issued to new cardholders. There is hope that the relationship between BofA and HRC  will continue but as someone else mentioned, if the partnership is completely ended, I am sure the HRC Visa will be replaced with the standard, BofA red Cash Reward card. 

OP: I usually only recommend the BofA Cash Reward card to those that have a BofA Savings or Checking account for the extra 10% redemption bonus. Without that, the card is easily beaten by other cards. I use mine for gas and groceries (when Discover and Chase aren't offering a bonus quarter) and NFCU Cash Rewards for everything else. To echo others' statements above, I am actually very happy with BofA and I find their mobile app very user-friendly.

Message 5 of 17
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you

In North Carolina you may have heard about House Bill 2 that essentially denied transpeople the right to use the restroom of the gender they present/identify as rather than the one they were born (assigned at birth) as (hopefully that was politically correct enough-I am not completely up on proper terms). HRC (that is the Human Rights Campaign-you may have seen people with an equal sign bumper sticker-thats them) claimed that BofA participated in getting House Bill 2's replacement law, HB142 set into motion that will allow NC to purportedly extend discrimination against LGBTQ people until 2021. As such, HRC rejected a $25K donation from BofA as well as planned to reject another $300K donation as a result of this. So of course the co-branded HRC Cash Rewards Visa is no longer being issued to new cardholders. There is hope that the relationship between BofA and HRC  will continue but as someone else mentioned, if the partnership is completely ended, I am sure the HRC Visa will be replaced with the standard, BofA red Cash Reward card. 

OP: I usually only recommend the BofA Cash Reward card to those that have a BofA Savings or Checking account for the extra 10% redemption bonus. Without that, the card is easily beaten by other cards. I use mine for gas and groceries (when Discover and Chase aren't offering a bonus quarter) and NFCU Cash Rewards for everything else. 

And here I was wondering if Hillary had some problem with politcal objection to a visa (the residency/work permit, not the card network) program.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Now that wasCB14 has posted that (making it on the internet and therefore true) we will doubtless hear "Clinton isn't even a citizen" on the web and elsewhere
Message 7 of 17
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:
Now that wasCB14 has posted that (making it on the internet and therefore true) we will doubtless hear "Clinton isn't even a citizen" on the web and elsewhere

Oy vey...I only meant to say she had political objections to the policy...but you're right, my words could be interpreted differently.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a reminder to stay away from political discussion even if it is meant to be humorous.  Thank you all for your cooperation.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops, if I close it does it mean my rewards go unredeemed? Its only about 11 bucks.

I didn't mean to open a can of political worms, I really was just curious about whether or not you guys would close it. And no I do not have a bank of america checking or savings account.

I guess IF I did keep it, it would be my to go GAS card, at 3% its the best one I have. I started with 11 CC and have wittled it down to 7 CC.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.