Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLD/AA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay CLD/AA

Got my CLD/AA by barclay. was one of my first cards I recieved on a recon last year. Came home today, opened the mail and seen my CL was slashed to 1400 with a 1153 balance on it. I used my barclay frequently. SO i went online, paid the enrtire balance off. Called the 800 number on the back of the card and politely asked her to cancel the card. She asked why, I told her because of the CLD. I said i knew it was a matter of time because of all the stories I have read online about how barclay is with AA. I did say how it was conviently at christmas time, but assured her I had other cards in my wallet that would do just as well. 

She asked if I wanted to try for a CLI before closing, I say no, as i'm laughing and say why would i do such a thing when i have a letter infront of me saying you did a CLD. Are you serious? Do you think i would take a hard pull on my credit from YOU...absolutly not. Please close the card. 

She went on to say we hate to lose you blah blah blah...welll wasnt to much of a loss if they CLD me. I did make many purchases on it and used it alot...

Oh well...See yea barclay....If you're that insenstive where you will cut someone CL and leave them with 247 avalible credit, driving the UTI on a card over the top and possibly getting AA by others because of it, well you can take your card and shove it up your.......well you know. 

And by the way, they did send me a reason why....the letter is identical to the reason they let me have the card in the first place...Score has actually gone up in the last year. 

Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclay CLD/AA

That is not cool, especially near Christmas. Sorry to see this happen. If you dont mind me askng, how much was your original limit on the card?
Message 2 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
That is not cool, especially near Christmas. Sorry to see this happen. If you dont mind me askng, how much was your original limit on the card?

2700. It started at 1000..it was actually my lowest limit card. 

The way I seen it Barclay gave me a shot when no one else would when I started rebuilding, So i remained loyal to them even tho I had a bunch of other cards. Chase, Amex, usbank, capital one, etc. I always used my Barclay because I was loyal to them. I guess the feeling wasn't mutual between us. I always PIF every month, Sometimes twice a month, and sometimes I would throw them a bone and let a little report to give them a little bit of intrest. 

Message 3 of 82
driftless
Valued Contributor

Sorry.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 4 of 82
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, yeah i would definitely show them the door as well. If im upholding my deal by using my credit card and paying it as i should and they want to decrease me to the point my card is maxed , i would do exactly as you have done. Im sure you will read in the following posts questions about what else has changed recently to so call "spook" them so by chance has anything else changed in your profile or do you believe this to be a Barclay crazy moment? Thanks and good luck with your future credit endeaversSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry.....I didn't see the reason they gave you?

Im sure i will be next with aa from Barclays. I was hoping to make it a year with them before I closed them out. 

Message 6 of 82
driftless
Valued Contributor

When posters question Cap One, I raise questions. I don't with Barclay's, I think that they are toxic.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 7 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Wow, yeah i would definitely show them the door as well. If im upholding my deal by using my credit card and paying it as i should and they want to decrease me to the point my card is maxed , i would do exactly as you have done. Im sure you will read in the following posts questions about what else has changed recently to so call "spook" them so by chance has anything else changed in your profile or do you believe this to be a Barclay crazy moment? Thanks and good luck with your future credit endeaversSmiley Happy

only thing that changed was my truck was totalled but it had a loan and never missed a paymnet on it. It was paid off by the insurance company. So in september I picked up a new 2016 challenger scat. Other than that nothing changed, spending habits are the same, 1-9% always reporting. My credit is actually 1000 times better than when i even recieved the card LOL. The only things left on my credit are my BK and tax lien which fall offf next year. Then i have a medical collection thats from 2012..So in 2017 I should see some major increases in my scores when those drop off... Maybe they are worried that next year will put me in a new bracket to get some better cards? IDK was a shocker to be honest. Funny thing was, yesterday i was on here reading about someone getting CLD...Must be that time of year for them to go christmas shopping, what better way then CLD everyone so they are forced to send in huge payments..Kids must want a yatch or someting lmao

Message 8 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear this.

I got their Rewards card when rebuilding, less than 2 years ago. I quit using the card months ago. Limit still sits st $500. They send me junk mail &  bal transfer checks constantly.  Why would I do that?! I finally called them & talked to a rep a few weeks ago & asked what the criteria was for increases. All my other cards have grown leaps & bounds. My Fico is 740, utiliz about 5%. The rep said he'd put in a request for a CLI; I politely declined.  Also asked him when they close out accts. He said usually after 6 months with no activity. They can close mine. I have no use for this conservative skittish bank.

Message 9 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

reason where public records, 

Collections ( medical collections from 2012 thats been paid and has always been paid)

Installment blalance to high ( new car i got but had installment loan from the previous car that had a high balance to amount owed ratio) 

all the same on the letter they approved me on

I had the public records when i recieved the card, had my installment loan when i recieved the card , Hadn't had a CC since 2012? maybe longer. So my accounts were always "to new" .My credit score was actually lower when i recieved the card..668 now 692

Message 10 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.