Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CLD/AA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay CLD/AA

@driftless wrote:
When posters question Cap One, I raise questions. I don't with Barclay's, I think that they are toxic.

I agree. I always thought i the back of my mind...is today the day...no need to worry about it now Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

reason where public records, 

Collections ( medical collections from 2012 thats been paid and has always been paid)

Installment blalance to high ( new car i got but had installment loan from the previous car that had a high balance to amount owed ratio) 

all the same on the letter they approved me on

I had the public records when i recieved the card, had my installment loan when i recieved the card , Hadn't had a CC since 2012? maybe longer. So my accounts were always "to new" .My credit score was actually lower when i recieved the card..668 now 692

Oh yeah, I'm definitely next. Profile very similar to yours. They were my first card too for my rebuild and I had to recon. 

Oh well, they served their purpose. 

Message 12 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is exactly the reason I closed my Ring card last week. I beat them to it. Closed By Consumer....

Message 13 of 82
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is exactly the reason I closed my Ring card last week. I beat them to it. Closed By Consumer....

The same here this past summer. Closed the Ring Card proactively!

I didn't trust them.

Message 14 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think these CLD and account closings happen mostly on Barclays own cards, or do they also happen on co-branded cards like the jetBlue? I hope not, but I'll just have to see what happens, I guess.

Message 15 of 82
NRB525
Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing OP.

Barclays rejected my app in mid-2014 and it is probably a good thing. They would have CLD / closed the account anyway Smiley Happy

In my opinion, when rebuilding, one should close cards, if one had to get these, in the following sequence:

1) Credit One

2) First Premier

3) Anything Barclays

and never close Capital One Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 16 of 82
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

They slashed mine last month from 10k to 3500 with a balance of 3200. I called Barclays portfolio something number and asked why they did the CLD. The reason was I carried a balance for about 8mo and I had several inqs from rate shopping for a mortgage. This is on the ring card so that's kind of the purpose due to 8% APR. I asked them to reinstate my original credit line. They checked my 3 yr acct history, said we see you have a history a making big payments. Then they honored my request. You could try to go that route if it's not too late but don't blame you in the slightest for not wanting to deal with their fickleness.
Message 17 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you think these CLD and account closings happen mostly on Barclays own cards, or do they also happen on co-branded cards like the jetBlue? I hope not, but I'll just have to see what happens, I guess.

I wonder that too. I just got the JetBlue card in August, so I'm happy with Barclays so far. They also gave me double what my previous largest limit was, so I can't complain about them at all. But reading some of these experiences does make you wonder.

Message 18 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never good news...sure is a lot of this with Barclay these days.

Message 19 of 82
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@NRB525 wrote:

Thanks for sharing OP.

Barclays rejected my app in mid-2014 and it is probably a good thing. They would have CLD / closed the account anyway Smiley Happy

In my opinion, when rebuilding, one should close cards, if one had to get these, in the following sequence:

1) Credit One

2) First Premier

3) Anything Barclays

and never close Capital One Smiley Happy

amensquirel.jpg

A year and a half ago when I still had a couple of lingering 'sins of the past' I was denied for two cards.  One was BoA... I've since been approved by them.  The other was Sallie Mae; it was declined due to an old Juniper Bank CO from years ago (no HP, apparently I'm on the blacklist).

At the time I was bummed, but now I couldn't be more pleased how things turned out.  Since at that time I was at the beginning of my rebuild there's no doubt I would have had problems had Barclays approved me.

This isn't just 'sour grapes'... I mean it when I say I'm happy the way things turned out.  Sometimes things just happen the way they are meant to.  Smiley Wink

(And you'll have to take my Capital One cards from my cold, dead hand.)

Message 20 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.