cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Ring Awakes from Slumber

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Barclays Ring Awakes from Slumber

After several months of absolutely no offers, Barclays Ring finally offers me something. As opposed to the usual BT options, they're offering a fine 3.99% promotional APR for a meager 7 months on new purchases. Not too shabby because I wouldn't want to carry a balance for such a length of time but it's nice to know it's there if I need it. 
Barclays.png

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MC

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays Ring Awakes from Slumber

I got 0% for 7 months on a SD'ed no-AF Arrival. Back to 17.99% after that.

But I have ample available credit with better rewards on my WWFCR...and another 7 or 8 months of my intro 0%.

I just keep it active for when travel picks up and a PIN may occasionally prove useful.

Spend: BofA PR + WWFCR, BBP, Schwab Platinum, CFF+CF, Costco, Discover
Perks: IHG49, Hyatt75, Delta Platinum, "Old" SPG95
SD/AAoA Ballast: Arrival, CFU, DC
Upgrade/downgrade games: BCE, EDP
SUB: JetBlue, Amex Platinum
Mostly earning MRs and cash back as I use up hotel and airline points spread across several programs.
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I got 0% APR on my *whatever it is now was Sallie Mae* card for 7 months than back to the regular 12.99% this morning. Debating on if I should bother to activate it. 

Scores hover around 800
Haven't been AZEO in over a year
Rome was not built in a day, neither is a good credit profile
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I guess since there are no rewards on the Ring, they are less likely to do 0%. Or they don't like me as much. IDK. If it was 0-2% I'd be much more like to use it. 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MC

Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sounds like the UK's version of Cap One😄

Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I got a similar offer on my Black Card.  I haven't seen an offer on this card in forever....

Barclays Offer.png

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I have a Cash Forward card from Barclays and I'm currently in the middle of a 0% 7 month promo.

I call them a few months ago asking for a rate reduction and they offered this to me instead.

This is the second time they gave it to me. The last time I specifically asked for the 0% promo for a home improvement project and they gave it to me but I can't remember how long the promo was...

Chapter-13 filed 11/13 discharged 06/16
Starting MyFico Scores 09/16 - (EQ 630 | TU 581 | EX 592)
Current Scores 9/2020 - (EQ 809| TU 786 | EX 796)

Total CL 150k

| | | | | | | | | | | |
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

@wasCB14 wrote:

I got 0% for 7 months on a SD'ed no-AF Arrival. Back to 17.99% after that..

I got that same offer for my SDed Uber Visa.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 795 (TU08, 10/14/20)
AMEX Cash Magnet $54000 | BofA BBR #1 $43900 | Discover IT $39000 | Uber VS $37000 | BoA BBR #2 $31100 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $23500 | GS Apple Card WEMC $20000 | Altitude Go VS $19500 | Cap 1 QS WMC $17250 | Sony Card $15750 | Freedom Flex WEMC $15000 | Disney Premier VS $15000 | FNBO Rewards VS $15000 | Target MC $13500 | WF Cash Wise VS $12,000 | Cap 1 SavorOne WEMC $10500 | Amazon VS $10000 | Blispay $7500 | AARP VS $5800 | Cash Back World WMC $3000 ~~
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.