Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloomingdale's AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bloomingdale's AMEX

Has anyone applied lately? What was your score?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bloomingdale's AMEX

I didnt even know they had an AmexSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that a lingerie store?

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kinda upscale Nordstroms. At least that's how I think of it. Could use a list of cobranded Amex cards
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they sent me an invitation to apply.. I have a Nordie's card but thats issued by Nordstrom Bank they have their own criteria.. was wondeing about this one..

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

idk if its more upscale than Nordstroms all of them carry the same stuff Bloomies had way more sales though and they have been in the red and under BK protection unlike Nordstrom..

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes they sent me an invitation to apply.. I have a Nordie's card but thats issued by Nordstrom Bank they have their own criteria.. was wondeing about this one..

Nordstrom Bank = RIP 2017; The Nordstrom credit cards are issued by TD Bank and serviced by Nordstrom Card Services (the same people that worked at the Bank).

The Macy's and Bloomingdale's cards are issued by DSNB (Department Stores National Bank) which is really Citibank. Like Nordstrom, the former Macy's/Bloomingdale's bank (FACS) people still service the cards. 

More than y'all probably wanted to know Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Kinda upscale Nordstroms. At least that's how I think of it. Could use a list of cobranded Amex cards

Cobranded (or rather, Amex cards issued by other financial institutions other than Amex themselves):

Bank of Hawaii MyBankoh Rewards (interestingly Bank of Hawaii issues their own Amex and Visa but use Barclays for their MasterCard)

Elan (owned by US Bank) issues cards for banks/credit unions that do not issue their own cards

Dillards Amex (Wells Fargo)

FNBO (issues various versions on their website, issues Amexs for other banks etc)

Macy's/Bloomingdale's Amex (DNSB-Citibank)

Merrill Lynch Octave (BofA-very difficult to qualify unless you have $10 million parked at Merrill Lynch)

NFCU More Rewards

PenFed Premium Travel Rewards and Defender

USAA (Cashback Rewards Plus. USAA Rewards and Secured)

US Bank Cash 365  

US Bank Flex Perks Gold

Wells Fargo Propel

Wells Fargo Propel World

I believe thats it. Sorry MODs for going off topic.

Message 8 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good info DadSmiley Happy
So as not to derail op's post i have a questionn concerning the WF Amex . Look for it at your local myFico cc forum nearest youSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't personally applied since I was approved for the original Bloomingdales card, however I have a question. The invitation you were sent was it mentioning anything about upgrading your card or was just a straight invitation to get the cobranded Amex and not affect the Bloomingdales Store Card. BTW usually co-branded cards are easier to get approved for, it looks like from credit pulls (lots of old post there) that the pull Experian and scores were low 700s.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.