Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone join USAA??

tag
screeema
Valued Member

Can anyone join USAA??

I would like to join and use their credit monitoring service and apply for a CC...

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can anyone join USAA??

Or you can be like every other USAA member and join the military or be the spouse or children of one

Message 3 of 39
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

For credit card and bank accounts any one can join. To get insurance you have to be a member of armed forces or related to one in the armed forces.

Message 4 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

For credit card and bank accounts any one can join. To get insurance you have to be a member of armed forces or related to one in the armed forces.

related to an existing member? or just someone in the armed services.

Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

For instance I have been in the Army for 13 years and my wife and children are automatically members and they have have their own usaa numbers. Either your parents or spuse have to be full members to become full members. If your children are members you can't become a full member. Hope this helps

Message 6 of 39
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

I dunno about this. My son is in the Navy and is a member and I can't find a way to join. 

Message 7 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is correct you cant join because it does not flow from children to parents only parents to children

Message 8 of 39
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

it says my gf is ineligible for pretty much everything.  very annoying.

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

actually unless the spouse is a military member, they can have their eligibility terminated on divorce.

I also do not like their unrecognition of Domestic partners/same sex spouses.

NFCU is the one that is lenient (and onl yrecently) in regards to relationship with a sponsoring member.

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.