Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 quicksilver one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 quicksilver one

So I'm thinking about applying for a quicksilver one bc of the 0% for 9 months, no balance transfer fee. What are the highest locs they give in this type of card?
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Cap 1 quicksilver one

hi there! the quicksilver 1 mastercard offers a 9 month 0% purchase apr. If they did happen to offer you a b/t, they will charge you the 3% fee Im pretty sure. Once the 0% period is over, they dont charge you a fee to balance transfer a card balance onto theirs and pay the interest rate. 

depending on your score and profile, you could get anywhere from $300 to $3000 limit. i would think an average approval for someone with limit limited credit and score 600's 300-500. What are your scores? did you try the prequal link on their page? 

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

from what I can see on credit karma, they used equifax. According to Ck, my equifax score is 747. I chose the quicksilver one bc I thought I read that card didn't have a 3% fee. But as I read the full disclosures I see there is a 3% Fee. Oh well. I'll probably cancel the app or see if they can switch it to a regular quicksilver. Any other ideas? I'm 5/24 with chase so slate won't work...
Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and I didn't use the prequal link bc I have a fraud alert on my cr so it won't work...
Message 4 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

so you applied already? with the fraud alerts? did you get the message saying they need more time unfortunately? 

Message 5 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

do you know anyone of your fico scores? its hard to guage a good card with a credit karma score and profile like inqs., utilization, any negatives. but it sounds like there could be options! 

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the message they would have to review or whatever. But I expected that. Usually they have to verify I am who I am before extending credit. 

I'll call tomorrow. What do you recommend I ask for etc?

btw I was hoping for a loc of at least 10k 

Message 7 of 34
Pway
Valued Contributor

Did you app for the card and it went pending? I  would suggest that you remove fraud alerts from the cb when you are apping, it helps the application process go smoother.  For future reference do not go off ck recommendations, the credit card companies pay to advertise on their site.  

I would suggest you check out Credit Check Total and see what are you actual true fico scores.  CK, gives fako scores and most lenders do not use those scores.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 8 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

@Pway wrote:

Did you app for the card and it went pending? I  would suggest that you remove fraud alerts from the cb when you are apping, it helps the application process go smoother.  For future reference do not go off ck recommendations, the credit card companies pay to advertise on their site.  

I would suggest you check out Credit Check Total and see what are you actual true fico scores.  CK, gives fako scores and most lenders do not use those scores.

+1 to this.

and im not sure capitalone is very easy to switch applications to a different product, most lenders from experience havent let me change the app process after i applied. The fraud alerts definitely will drag on a capitalone applicaiton or any in general. do you have any of their cards already?

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

The fraud alert is there bc unfortunately someone tried filing taxes this year under my name. I don't have any of their cards. This is my credit profile (more or less)

Citi prestige 15,500

citi double cash back: 7,800

jetblue Barclays 15

barclays cash forward 5

amex delta 2

discover miles 2800

discover cash back 800 

amex spg 20,000

amex plat 

cu card 7,800

nusenda cu 15

us eagle FCU 5

chase sapphire: 15

chase Hyatt 5 

i have about 23k I'm paying off over the next year.15 of that is at 0%. Want to get the other 8 or so to 0....

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.