Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1

So I finally got the courage to try the backdoor number, got someone who was nice and polite, but didn't help me get a CLI, nor did she tell me if my account will ever qualify for one. 

She asked me if I received any letters, which I have and I said so, and then she said my account is eligble for an upgrade and that the "representative transferred me to the wrong department" so she then transferred me to another department.  

Which I figured that's the end of my CLI request.  

Then I got another Senior CSR who asked me if I PIF every month.  So I told her that I'd had this card for 9.5 years and I'd done everything from carrying a balance, to PIF every month, to currently only using every few months because the limit limits me.  While I haven't asked within the last year, I have asked several times over the first 8 years and was always told my card wasn't eligible for a CLI.  This CSR said she could upgrade my CLI by 10K and give me a temporary 6 month APR of 5.9% or updgrade my CLI by 15K and keep my APR at the 19.80%.  

Since I now PIF I took the $15K option!  It's already showing so, after being at $500 CL for nearly 9.5 years, I finally have a $15.5K CL, which puts it at my highest individual CL. I even told her that I had pretty much given up on this card, didn't intend on closing it because it's my oldest CC, but that I figured I would never get a CLI.  I confirmed there was no hard pull, she just did a review of my account.

She was so nice, and helpful and I honestly was in shock because of this CLI.  I didn't figure I would get one.  Smiley Very Happy

So thank you to everyone who posted the backdoor numbers, and to anyone whose sitting on a card they fear will never get a CLI, try the back door.   Smiley Very Happy

I also got a CLI on Discover through the automated system from $6.8K to $8K. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap 1

HOORAY!!!
Message 2 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

WOW! A $15k CLI is probably the record here.
Message 3 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wow, congrats!

I've been seeing an awful lot of good things about Crap Cap One recently. I wonder if they've seen the light?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

*laughing at the thought of the devil in ice skates*

Congratulations, woopah! That is a very generous CLI from a conservative lender like Cap1.

Message 5 of 12
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

what a fabulous increase! Super congrats.
Message 6 of 12
Equinox
New Contributor

That's extremely impressive for Capital One, congratulations.
Message 7 of 12
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

thats amazing i almost thought c1's cl didnt even go that high..i hope one day to be able to have something like that! awesome!
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! That's a good increase for Cap1. Did you have to take a hard (or three) to get it?
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats!!! That's a good increase for Cap1. Did you have to take a hard (or three) to get it?

Thank you everyone, I'm still kind of giddy about it.  

to LilMirth: 

I haven't check my reports and won't until March.  I can't afford to be pulling my reports everytime something happens, and because they fluctuate I think it's better for the heart if you only check every few months.  However I told both women I spoke with that I didn't want a hard, and then I confirmed with the second lady that it wasn't a hard after she told me about the CLI offers and before she read the disclosures.  She said it was just a review of my account, no hard.  I don't care if she softed me.   I'll know in March if she was wrong/or lied.  And if I find hards from them I'm going to call and get them to recode them.  

I'm shooting for a mortgage in April/May 09 and I don't want unnecessary hards.  

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.