Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One blacklist

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One blacklist

Just look somewhere else. I am a BK'r, but I know I can't compare or expect the same results as others. In the credit world, we are all different. I am a risk. My profile screams it! 

I paid all my debt, but I still have a bk on file. I feel blessed that anyone gave me another chance.

If I didn't pay it, I wouldn't or couldn't blame anyone for telling me to kick rocks....even for $5. 

Message 21 of 26
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
See I would be more than happy to pay them the 300 I burned them for as long as they let me back in... I'm gonna try to get ahold of someone to see if they would do that

My datapoint

Had a friend who had really bad scores ...did offer and paid off their chargeoffs in full.. and convinced them to remove it from his report.....

A few months later the prequalified offers from Cap One rolled in and he got the card....

Know its not BK..

But if you can find a way.. it is very possible.... the only gotcha is you might have to wait to get back in, even if you do pay it off...

Message 22 of 26
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They aren't getting paid through my chapter 13 plan. All of my unsecured debts were charged off. I figured since my plan wasn't discharged yet that it would be a pain... ugh.... really wanting to get back in with them. Currently have USAA secured and a Fingerhut revolving account. And self lender

I don't know all the particulars of your situation, but I believe you aren't supposed to seek credit while on a Ch. 13 plan without trustee approval.  It's a big no-no.  Of course, if it's okay with your trustee, then keep trying.  I always checked the Cap1 prequal in the weeks leading up to my Ch. 13 discharge and always- nothing.  I burned them in BK.  The day after my discharge, I was approved for a $10,000 QS Visa.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's only been one year since you filed CH13, it's unlikely that any creditor will approve your app for a credit card.

its like zero percent probability. You will need to wait until your BK is discharged, and even then you will have problems at first in getting credit cards.

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One blacklist ((but dimissed ch 13))

just a question, i didn't try to burn cap one in ch13, i filed it was dismissed and now no prequal and app did not result in hp only a denial for legal reasons.  Any insight on this?  btw  they pre-qual me for a car loan

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cold apped with them with having an active charge-off from them on my reports and they approved me.  Score was 528 at the time.  

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.