Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One prime card CLI?

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Cap One prime card CLI?

We hear that on the Cap One rebuilders they won't accept customer initiated CLIs. How about their prime cards? I've got the No Hassle cash back. It's at $7.5k. I used the card heavily while abroad this past year. In my online account it says to call in for a CLI and it states a number. curiously, I dialed that number and was connected to a live rep. I was hoping for a computer automated request platform. I hung up. Before I talk to them I want to hear from other Cap One prime card holders about their experience with CLIs. Definitely not willing to take three hard pulls for a CLI. I'd like the card to go to $10k. That would be sufficient for my purposes. I've had it for almost two years, always PIF. Any input? Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Cap One prime card CLI?

@wollepopolle wrote:
We hear that on the Cap One rebuilders they won't accept customer initiated CLIs. How about their prime cards? I've got the No Hassle cash back. It's at $7.5k. I used the card heavily while abroad this past year. In my online account it says to call in for a CLI and it states a number. curiously, I dialed that number and was connected to a live rep. I was hoping for a computer automated request platform. I hung up. Before I talk to them I want to hear from other Cap One prime card holders about their experience with CLIs. Definitely not willing to take three hard pulls for a CLI. I'd like the card to go to $10k. That would be sufficient for my purposes. I've had it for almost two years, always PIF. Any input? Thanks in advance!

They do accept them. rarely do they grant them Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 14
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

So, do you have a prime card with them and have applied for a CLI? UPDATE Sorry, I saw that you highlighted the rebuilder cards. Maybe we can hear from other Cap One customers.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not in my experience. I applied for a prime card and they started me off at $500 CL, which is so low I'd rather them not have approved me. I didn't even know a prime card could start off that low since my first credit card back in the day started at $2000. I called in and they gave me the typical "Cap One is a very conservative lender, you are a new customer with us" shpeal. They made no effort to give me a respectable CL nor did they promise to increase it after using it for awhile. In fact, they told me to use it as a back up card lol. My credit score was 750 at the time I applied with no recent inquiries.

Edit: sorry forgot to mention it was their Cash Returns card with the bonus cash back

Message 4 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not in my experience. I applied for a prime card and they started me off at $500 CL, which is so low I'd rather them not have approved me. I didn't even know a prime card could start off that low since my first credit card back in the day started at $2000. I called in and they gave me the typical "Cap One is a very conservative lender, you are a new customer with us" shpeal. They made no effort to give me a respectable CL nor did they promise to increase it after using it for awhile. In fact, they told me to use it as a back up card lol. My credit score was 750 at the time I applied with no recent inquiries.

Edit: sorry forgot to mention it was their Cash Returns card with the bonus cash back

Wow...............to the sock drawer with that one!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 14
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Just called in and had the computer on the line. told me that I am not eligible for and increase currently. Oh well, I'll live.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow...............to the sock drawer with that one!

Honestly it was the first time I'd experienced such poor customer service with a bank. Usually they are more than happy for me to fork over my money Smiley Very Happy

Maybe it was a bit rash, but I ended up closing down the account. I figured it was not worth arguing about and they were not worth my business.

Message 7 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

I am a tad bit bitter about cap one to be honest and I tend not to associate them with 'prime' personally

Message 8 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CS800 wrote:
I am a tad bit bitter about cap one to be honest and I tend not to associate them with 'prime' personally

Yea even though they do offer "prime" cards it's hard not to look at them with the "rebuilder" glasses all the time!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Yea even though they do offer "prime" cards it's hard not to look at them with the "rebuilder" glasses all the time!

I have called for CLI so many times with them that I did get a call to invite me for the venture. I really don't want 1 HP on each report just to get a card. Sorry cap one, me no love you long time.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.