Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 QuickSilver Cashback

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 QuickSilver Cashback

Do you think Capital One will ever increase the cash back on the QS to compete with the likes of Citi DC, Paypal 2% MC, BBVA, etc.?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 QuickSilver Cashback

Only if it makes business sense to them. With the CCCs making profit hand over fist, I have a hard time imagining that they wouldn't. But who knows, Cap1 is an odd duck.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 12
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Unlikely, IMO, unless everyone else does (Amex Cash Magnet, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Wells Fargo Cash Wise, HSBC Cash Rewards, US Bank Cash 365, etc.). I would say that Capital One might, but their decision on the Savor/SavorOne does not make sense to me when the Uber Visa card exists. Although, who knows?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upping QS to 2% will render their flagship Venture (2% with AF) useless, as well as cutting into Savor (AF)/Savor One's 2% category, reasons why I doubt it will happen without revamping their entire lineup.
Message 4 of 12
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I think Cap One may do 2% with QS.

Perhaps 2% with QS and 1.5% with QS1.

They need to do 3% with Venture.

Perhaps 2% with VentureOne.

see the pattern?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

pig fly.jpgJust saying..............................

Message 6 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

see the pattern?

Yes, we see the pattern, but of course it is entirely made up!

As others have said, there needs to be a business driver to do so, and we have no idea if QS is experiencing any drop in profits due to competitor cards.   My guess is that in the general population, people stay loyal to their cards (unless something bad happens), so if I have a QS, I don't shop around for better deals, just use what works.  And with new cards being launched offering 1.5%, it's not as if the QS looks so out of date.

And even here, people make what seems to me to be "strange" decisions: e.g. going for the Cash Magnet and keeping Venture with an AF after the first year.   

Message 7 of 12
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

we can dream can't we?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 12
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

LOVE IT!! 😂😂😂

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 9 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

see the pattern?

Yes, we see the pattern, but of course it is entirely made up!

As others have said, there needs to be a business driver to do so, and we have no idea if QS is experiencing any drop in profits due to competitor cards.   My guess is that in the general population, people stay loyal to their cards (unless something bad happens), so if I have a QS, I don't shop around for better deals, just use what works.  And with new cards being launched offering 1.5%, it's not as if the QS looks so out of date.

And even here, people make what seems to me to be "strange" decisions: e.g. going for the Cash Magnet and keeping Venture with an AF after the first year.   

I think its more that people dont know any better. Before I came on here, I had no idea about penfed, bbva, and dcu. People know the quicksilver from all the commercials they're bombarded with.

I also agree about the cash magnet. People here lose their minds if someone gets a 1.5% instead of 2% card, but go gaga for the magnet. Once the sub is done, then what? You still have a 1.5% card.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.