Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne VentureOne

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

CapOne VentureOne

any one having a difficult time getting approvals for this card. i keep reading post on another website, and some with excellent credit scores are getting turned down. the most recent one was a transunion score of 780 (near the same as a tu fico 780). getting turned down at 780! geez.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Re: CapOne VentureOne

I keep checking the pre approval link. Cancelled one of my two cards in hope of snagging one.

All that keeps comming up is the Plat and the No Hassle Rewards.

If it dosent come up on the pre approval link, I wouldnt try for it.

Message 2 of 10
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

wow thats humiliating, because i have never been pre approved for anything from capone, and yet, you have better credit than me based on you scores, and still cant pre approved on the ventureone.

i applied for a capone ventureone card in march and was declined for having too many inquiries. this is the only card since 2005 that i was denied based simply for not having good enough credit. i would get denied in the past, but it was always for inaccuracies, and wrong data entered into the application.

Message 3 of 10
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

wow thats humiliating, because i have never been pre approved for anything from capone, and yet, you have better credit than me based on you scores, and still cant pre approved on the ventureone.

i applied for a capone ventureone card in march and was declined for having too many inquiries. this is the only card since 2005 that i was denied based simply for not having good enough credit. i would get denied in the past, but it was always for inaccuracies, and wrong data entered into the application.

And a four year perfect track record with Cap One.

They tight LOL

Message 4 of 10
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i realize this may not just be about risk, but they may want a credit profile that shows alot of profit. it is perhaps that the ventureOne card is the toughest card to get in the non local credit card market.

sure i could do what they want me to do and bow down to their 60 AF and they would give me some luv. but i know better.

Message 5 of 10
Ron1
Super Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

i realize this may not just be about risk, but they may want a credit profile that shows alot of profit. it is perhaps that the ventureOne card is the toughest card to get in the non local credit card market.

sure i could do what they want me to do and bow down to their 60 AF and they would give me some luv. but i know better.

I don't even think to apply for Cap 1 Venture Card. I think it is hardest card to get. I applied for Sony Card and I got instantly denied. I hate they pulled all 3. I don't think I will get approved anything from them even I have good payment history with them and good credit history.

Ron.

Message 6 of 10
daylove
Regular Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

any one having a difficult time getting approvals for this card. i keep reading post on another website, and some with excellent credit scores are getting turned down. the most recent one was a transunion score of 780 (near the same as a tu fico 780). getting turned down at 780! geez.

The score is just one of the factor CC companies consider...perhaps that guy had low income or many inquiries..

Message 7 of 10
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

I suspect that oftentimes when CC companies give out too many of a certain card and, say, don't get enough back with that card, then they will raise their internal "standards" as to minimize new approvals.

It has nothing to do with your credit scores which could be excellent. It still wouldn't matter. That's just my suspicion.

Message 8 of 10
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred is an alternative to the Cap One Venture. They have a 50,000 bonus pts signup and no FTF. The Venture One and Sapphire Preferred are aiming at big spenders and travelers. Fico score minimum are 740+ and a good AAoA is what I've been reading around the forums. No baddies, etc.....so Excellent credit is required. These are elite cards so they are pretty exclusives. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a regular Cap 1 Platinum and just recently got an upgrade offer to VentureOne and took it...my new card should be there in the next couple days. My fico is 714 but I've had my account with them for 3yrs. The starting line of credit was $2,000, 18 months later they doubled it, and 18 months after that they upgraded me to a VentureOne. I think it all depends on your spending habits...and how you pay your balance off.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.