Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital 1 initial limit recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital 1 initial limit recon

Question.. So as of today I was approved for the capital one cash rewards card with a 1k CL+ credit steps of 500 increase after 5 months of on time payment and at least one charge. Anyway prior to receiving my card would it be worth my time to recon the initial limit. I have read that capital one is stingy with cli's and don't want to be stuck at a 1500.00 forever. Any advice would be great. I searched the forums for this and couldn't find anything. Sorry I'm a noob to the forum and want to thank you all for your advice as I have been reading for some time now and working to improve my credit for a year.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital 1 initial limit recon

Contact the EO. That's how most people are getting cli with them.
2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been searching for that email for sometime now .. Could you or someone pm me that email address? Thank you
Message 3 of 12
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

Trying asking someone on this thread.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Capital-One-CLI/td-p/1948311

2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 4 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been searching for that email for sometime now .. Could you or someone pm me that email address? Thank you

EO phone and email sent via PM good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 12
android01
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Question.. So as of today I was approved for the capital one cash rewards card with a 1k CL+ credit steps of 500 increase after 5 months of on time payment and at least one charge. Anyway prior to receiving my card would it be worth my time to recon the initial limit. I have read that capital one is stingy with cli's and don't want to be stuck at a 1500.00 forever. Any advice would be great. I searched the forums for this and couldn't find anything. Sorry I'm a noob to the forum and want to thank you all for your advice as I have been reading for some time now and working to improve my credit for a year.

If your EQ FICO score is 614 as your signature states, be lucky you were approved for anything.  Capital One deals with people in this score range, but don't expect a CLI from them until your scores improve substantially.  You may not be able to get anything better on this card ever, but if you pay on time, and your scrores improve, you will be able to apply for better cards as time moves on.  Don't apply for anything until you get to 680-700. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 7 of 12
mrcredit7
New Contributor

Re: cap one CLI

Been stuck with $500 limit for over 2.5 years with cap one platium..payment history is perfect....I email the EO over 10 days no response yet....Would like to have the phone#.. Can you PM it to me also.. trying to get a 4000 CLI before July..Planning big family trip 2 Orlando. how was your experience? Any advice on wait to expect and say? It would be highly appreciated.. 

Message 8 of 12
scarzy
Regular Contributor

I tried getting a cli, via the EO, with only 2-3 months under my belt, and got a small cli ($300-). The reason why I got one was prior history with them. If I didn't have any history with them, they would have denied me.

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 9 of 12
ButterflyT
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I would be happy with the 1K initial limit with a chance for $1500.....if you read around alot there are tons of people who havethe C1 cards that have been stuck at their initial, and lower, limit for years...myself included..... I sent the EO and spoke with them with no luck...some people do seem to have had sucess but with your account being new I would think maybe you might want to wait.... just my opinion...but please keep us posted how it goes if you do choose to recon.

The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the CHEESE!! lol

Starting Score: 614 (Credit Karma), 640 (TU Fico), 614 (TU via Merrick) as of 5/31/2013
Current Score: 597 (Credit Karma), 621 (TU Fico), 607 (TU via Merrick) as of 8/23/2013 !!!! annoyed
Goal Score: 800+

In My Wallet:RBFCU MC $2.5K/Target $2K/Amazon $1.3K/HB $900/C1Plat $750/Merrick $700/MS $550/ WM $500/C1CR $500 & Various Store Cards
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.