Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO REALLY?

tag
fltn
Frequent Contributor

Capital One EO REALLY?

So the EO said no CLI on accounts over 3 years old even with good scores and perfect payment history.

All credit steps no more increases, PC's, anything!

Looks like I will be feeding my shredder some "Crap two", I mean cap one cards.

Both accts 5 and 4 1/2 years old. Only ever got 1 increase on each card through EO last year - $250 each CLI.

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One EO REALLY?

@fltn wrote:

So the EO said no CLI on accounts over 3 years old even with good scores and perfect payment history.

Both accts 5 and 4 1/2 years old. Only ever got 1 increase on each card through EO last year - $250 each CLI.

That's the most made up bs I have heard to date... What is wrong with these people

Message 2 of 62
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@fltn wrote:

That's the most made up bs I have heard to date... What is wrong with these people

Yup, got a call Friday after I sent the email to Eo, was told that I would hear back Tuesday. Just got my call and she told me no more, no future, anything!

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 3 of 62
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@fltn wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@fltn wrote:

Yup, got a call Friday after I sent the email to Eo, was told that I would hear back Tuesday. Just got my call and she told me no more, no future, anything!

id send another email saying you got such a disturbing call and if this person was stating correct facts that you are done with the company and will need to close both accounts. you clrearly don't need them and that's just silly business saying credit cards can't EVER increase.

Message 4 of 62
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I don't understand what you mean by they said no more CL's, PCs, or anything in the future? On that card? For you? for everyone? For EO? Just confused is all I am. lol
Message 5 of 62
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I got a similar response from EO office i called this morning although i'm in a more informed position to take adequate measures before i let my GM cap1 collect dust on my reports.

Yes the account will be stationed for the customary 10 years but also with details displaying PIF, good standing, and closed by customer.

When it's seen by future new lenders examining for a new app showing closed after just 3 months, and ran up to nearly Max all 3 months then PIF, then the subpar 600 limit will shine to the possible explanation for it.

Thanks to all members who shared their own experiences with this lender. You have saved many of us brand new to credit responsibly gross frustration, wasted time & HP's better served with more reasonable lenders in this market.
Message 6 of 62
negg
Frequent Contributor

@creditaddict.  That's a good one, buuuut I was told bye CSR at BofA that they don't give it CLI without a hard pull. Advised them my other cards are giving me auto CLI. He told me its federal law that in order to get a CLI then have to do a HP. Told him Amex and chase sp for auto CLI. According to him they are breaking the law. Smh at lazy arse that get paid to give out wrong info. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 7 of 62
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@negg wrote:

@Creditaddict.  That's a good one, buuuut I was told bye CSR at BofA that they don't give it CLI without a hard pull. Advised them my other cards are giving me auto CLI. He told me its federal law that in order to get a CLI then have to do a HP. Told him Amex and chase sp for auto CLI. According to him they are breaking the law. Smh at lazy arse that get paid to give out wrong info. 

err where did bank of america come into this?

Bank of America does to HP for customer Initiated CLI, they do do manual CLI sometimes but who knows when and how one qualifies, my friend just got one on his Fidelity though.

as far as these stupid and yes I call them stupid underwriters spreading this bs about breaking federal law to give credit line increases without doing a hp on peoples credit is just that stupid... it may be company policy but it is not federal law they pull a hp.. they are required to make sure consumer can resonably repay the debts, repaying debts has nothing to do with hp's.

Message 8 of 62
AC0308
Established Member

@KennyS2006 wrote:
I don't understand what you mean by they said no more CL's, PCs, or anything in the future? On that card? For you? for everyone? For EO? Just confused is all I am. lol

+1

Amex Blue Sky - $8,700
Discover IT - $4,500
Amex TrueEarnings - 3,500
Elan Financial - $2,000
CapitalOne - $1,250
Chase Slate - $1,200
Message 9 of 62
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

They would not remove the AF for 1 yr on one of my accounts, was told "you have an excellent payment history and have always paid it in full, but their are no offers for this account. There are several cards you can apply for on our site that don't have annual fees if you are interested". My response was: close the account, and I am not interested in applying with you for a new account when you will pull all the CRAs... Was read the usual closing statements blah blah blah... Didnt need the account anyway still have 1 left with them and if they wont remove the AF later this year when it comes up, bye, bye to it as well.

Message 10 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.