Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One: No More Account Combination

tag
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap1 Acct COMBINATION

@Saeren

Danm. I was hoping for the portal thing. I've been loyal to these guys for 4 years and I've never received a CLI. Meanwhile, Discover keeps sending me pre-qual offers. I'm sure they'd approve me with an initial CL that would shadow what Capital One has stalled me on between two cards. The QS1 isn't even worth it's weight for the AF.

Message 11 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you checked for PC offers to at least get rid of the AF?

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

As for the combinations, hopefully it comes back soon. People have called and been told that it’s only temporary but they don’t know when it’s coming back. Seems a bit sketch to me. 

And yes, Disco would love to have your business. I would check prequal and see. Your score should be good enough. 

Message 12 of 76
JaseT
Established Contributor

I hope it's back before the end of the year when my Venture AF will be coming due. I already got the SUB so I will be ready to roll that juicy $15k CL into my Savor! If it's not back by then, I will have to PC the Venture as I don't pay AF's!

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 13 of 76
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@Saeren

Checked last month and just now with your link. Nada. I've never called in for a PC before, not sure if that would be more fruitful or not.

It seems sketchy to me too, but why not just end it and announce it then? No sense in stringing good customers along. I'm sick of having these two QS's work low limits in my wallet. I'm about to toss a couple small auto pays on them and sock 'em

Message 14 of 76
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Lol @JaseT good luck, hopefully it'll be back for everyone sooner than later. How do you like having the Savor? It's the only other Cap1 card I'd be interested in.

Message 15 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Supposedly they're working to get it back up like Saeren said but we'll see. I'm hoping to see this come back otherwise I may just end up closing one of my accounts. 

Message 16 of 76
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@Cubs16

That's just about where I'm at with these guys. At this point, using the QS1 is out of pitty. Would like to obviously keep the limit, but may just let it go if they don't bring it back.

Message 17 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SoCalifornia wrote:
@Saeren

Checked last month and just now with your link. Nada. I've never called in for a PC before, not sure if that would be more fruitful or not.

It seems sketchy to me too, but why not just end it and announce it then? No sense in stringing good customers along. I'm sick of having these two QS's work low limits in my wallet. I'm about to toss a couple small auto pays on them and sock 'em

If it were me, I wouldn’t SD an AF card. If you can’t PC it, it’s time to cancel. You are throwing away $2600 worth of rewards value vs a 1.5% no AF card. 

Message 18 of 76
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@Saeren

You're right though. The AF on that card isn't significant, but it's money and it's approaching in May. Meanwhile, my Chase cards gobble the rewards and QS1 isn't returning anything. I will give Cap1 one more month and they will have three possible outcomes:
•Combine accounts
•Product change
•Cancel

Message 19 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

$39 doesn’t sound like much. And it isn’t much. But when you look at it from a rewards perspective, the math says you would have earned $39 after $2600 of spend on your non-AF QS or CFU. It becomes a bit more significant in that context. 

Message 20 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.