Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One: No More Account Combination

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One: No More Account Combination

Capital One was in my card line up for many years. After finding they seemed to change the rules as often as I changed clothes, I knew it was time to move on. With all the bank consolidations back several years, I ended up with eight Cap1 cards and closed them all in "one fell swoop". No looking back or regrets. Will say, they did help me rebuild back in the "yesteryear". Smiley Frustrated

Message 41 of 76
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Linking Cap one cards

I'm hoping they reinstate combining soon because I'm ready to combine Qs and Venture #2 into Venture #1 after #2 is paid off shortly. I have the $59 AF version so I'm not worried about the AF. Trying to trim at least 6 cards by years end.
BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 42 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Linking Cap one cards

I hope that they allow the combining option again as well. As of today they are not. I am not too pleased with these AF’s on both cards. 

Message 43 of 76
IantoJones
Valued Member

Re: Cap1 Acct COMBINATION

@Saeren: Thank you so much for this link!

I just now used it to upgrade my Platinum to a Quicksilver!

I am very grateful.
Starting Score 9/13/14: 570
Current Score 08/12/2021: 798
Goal Score 2021: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 Card Merge?

I graduated the secured 2 weeks ago and got the QS card with $2k, can I request the graduated $500 into the QS which would bring me to one QS card with of $3k and close the secured card and get my deposit back.

Possible?

Message 45 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 Card Merge?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-No-More-Account-Combination/m-p/5494887

Somewhat recent lengthy thread that should be able to answer your question. 

Message 46 of 76
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

At the moment, I believe Cap One is still not doing combinations. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 47 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I filed a case for that request, if they decline, I'll close their cards and I'll do business with Discover then.
Message 48 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Somewhere along this thread someone had been told by a Cap 1 rep that the combining service would be reinstated sometime in mid April, but I think they just dangled some hope lol! Here we are in June now, and I check that tab in my accounts quite frequently and that option is still nowhere to be seen. I have completely stopped using these cards and am just now paying down the balances and will probably store them away until they either close me, cli me (over 2+ years and NEVER gotten a cli), or they bring that option back to combine. If anyone hears or knows if they will or have brought that feature back, don't forget to tell the rest of us !!! =p

Message 49 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with someone from the EO last weekend unrelated to this but I did ask if/when it would be returing.  He informed me that they ARE working on it. It has something to do with the different wording in the consumer contracts between products and changes at MC/VISA that makes them not as easily combinable anymore.  Once these are ironed out, they'll reinstate the feature.  I do believe him because he was very familiar with the issue and also resolved my unrelated issue without any problem.  Hope that helps clear things up.

Message 50 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.