Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One PC. HELP PLEASE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One PC. HELP PLEASE!

I've had Capital One Platinum for 1 year and 2 months. SL 300. $500 after credit steps. CL $1250 after request for increase in Feb.2018. I know have a pre-qualified offer for Quick Silver Rewards. With 0% APR for 9 months. No annual fee. One time bonus of $150 bonus after spending $500 in the first 3 months.

Before seeing this pre-qual I wanted to request a PC and negotiate an APR reduction.
How should I go about doing so?

Also, the benefits for the pre-qual wouldn't carry over if the product change was successful, right?
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One PC. HELP PLEASE!

For the PC, call and ask or go into chat.

Capital One doesn't offer permanent APR reductions, but temporary reductions may be available.

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Capital One doesn't offer permanent APR reductions, but temporary reductions may be available.

Thanks! Is there any special language that I need to use when requesting the pc?

Message 3 of 27
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Nope. Just ask if you have any offers for upgrades.

I think this was mentioned elsewhere, but if the offer is for a QuicksilverOne rather than a Quicksilver, decline it due to its annual fee and its difficulty to PC down the road. I think you'll likely be offered the Quicksilver and maybe the Savor, though.

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

My steps.

Opened Secured Card March 2017

Accepted prequalified QS1 offer Sept 2017

Waited for Credit Steps on both cards + graduation of the secured card.  This all occured in March 2018 (though i got the steps increase on the first card around the same time the second was opened)

As soon as the Platinum unsecured, PCed to Quicksilver (no annual fee version).  The QS1 was eligible now for account combination because it was 6 months old.

Combined cards using the QS1 as the donor to the originally secured card.

Came out with a 1000 limit no annual fee QS. 

And now I am waiting on potential prequals for another second card i may or may not take, which if i can, id wait out and then recombine again.

I am going to beat this bucket, one way or another.

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Thanks! Is there any special language that I need to use when requesting the pc?

English should be just fine.
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Lol, good one!  Smiley Very Happy

Let us know how it goes OP.

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Lol, good one!  Smiley Very Happy

Let us know how it goes OP.

Went great.

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Ha!

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went great.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.