Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture X

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture X

@jacetx Is your current QS card a Visa or MasterCard?
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 71 of 161
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jacetx wrote:

Interesting that Capital One is allowing upgrades to this card and not any of the Savor ones. Of course, that would mean not getting a signup bonus so it doesn't make sense.

upgrade.JPG

Wonder if you upgrade to X, if you'll get the metal card.  When I upgraded to venture, I didn't get a metal card like others did for new accounts.  I know most don't care, but if I'm paying 395, I would expect the metal card.

I believe it would be a metal and a Visa Infinite card, if the card you are changing is a Visa card.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 72 of 161
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jacetx wrote:

Interesting that Capital One is allowing upgrades to this card and not any of the Savor ones. Of course, that would mean not getting a signup bonus so it doesn't make sense.

upgrade.JPG

Wonder if you upgrade to X, if you'll get the metal card.  When I upgraded to venture, I didn't get a metal card like others did for new accounts.  I know most don't care, but if I'm paying 395, I would expect the metal card.

I believe it would be a metal and a Visa Infinite card, if the card you are changing is a Visa card.

I have one of those rare quicksilver visa signatures lol

Message 73 of 161
Hex
Valued Contributor

I just upgraded my $30K Venture card to the Venture X. I'm (I refuse to say gardening) and I'm credit bored. Yes it will be a metal card as an upgrade (someone asked). It will be upgraded to an Infinite Visa. l'll get all the benefits I would with a new application except no 100K mile bonus. They charge the annual fee the first year and will send me a letter about the fee first. If I decided to product change again I'm only allowed to get a Quicksiler or Venture One instead! Guess there's no turning back! Capital One had recently sent me a letter telling me that they would be reviewing my Venture card credit limit for low use if I didn't opt out of the review. I did successfully opt out of the review. I'm hoping the annual fee will keep them happy without me having to worry about keeping my spending at such a high level. Anyway should buy me a year or two I hope.  I mainly did this because I've never had an Infinite Visa and as I said I'm credit bored. I'm going to be doing a car rental in the near future so hopefully I can use the travel statement credit for that. I also really like the idea of primary car rental insurance. I did not have any upgrade offers listed on my Venture card or any of my accounts.  I called in to complete the upgrade.  

Message 74 of 161
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Just logged into my CAP1 account to see the details on the Venture X and just realized that in addition to my current Venture card with a $48K CL that I also have my the Wallyworld MC with them, forgot that it was transferred over from Synchrony servicing to CAP1 over a year and change ago. That one has a $15K CL. Thinking I am probably at their limit across the board so prob best I can do is product transfer. Dammit! Not sure I want to waste 3 HPs for some measely $5k CL.....then again, wonder if I was approved, even for a low amount, that I could transfer over what I have on my current card to the new one. Anyone know if CAP1 still allows you to reallocate CLs between cards?
Message 75 of 161
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Hex wrote:

I just upgraded my $30K Venture card to the Venture X. I'm (I refuse to say gardening) and I'm credit bored. Yes it will be a metal card as an upgrade (someone asked). It will be upgraded to an Infinite Visa. l'll get all the benefits I would with a new application except no 100K mile bonus. They charge the annual fee the first year and will send me a letter about the fee first. If I decided to product change again I'm only allowed to get a Quicksiler or Venture One instead! Guess there's no turning back! Capital One had recently sent me a letter telling me that they would be reviewing my Venture card credit limit for low use if I didn't opt out of the review. I did successfully opt out of the review. I'm hoping the annual fee will keep them happy without me having to worry about keeping my spending at such a high level. Anyway should buy me a year or two I hope.  I mainly did this because I've never had an Infinite Visa and as I said I'm credit bored. I'm going to be doing a car rental in the near future so hopefully I can use the travel statement credit for that. I also really like the idea of primary car rental insurance. I did not have any upgrade offers listed on my Venture card or any of my accounts.  I called in to complete the upgrade.  

I ended upgrading as well. I didn't want another account and probably would have been denied for a new account for too much available credit. 

Even with no bonus, I can make the card worth it as I have travel plans in 2022.

Message 76 of 161
BeEasyMark
New Contributor

Why are some of the reviews (on YouTube) saying that booking flights via the Capital One Travel Portal is a negative because you won't get status benefits with the airlines? Don't you get the benefits anyway if you just check in with your frequent flyer number? The only disadvantage is if the prices on the Capital One Travel Portal are higher. I understand the disadvantages booking hotels via a portal if you have status, but didn't think it mattered with airlines.

Message 77 of 161
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

Anybody looking for datapoints check here

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/capital-one-launching-premium-venture-x-card-with-100000-points-200-s...

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 78 of 161
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@BeEasyMark wrote:

Why are some of the reviews (on YouTube) saying that booking flights via the Capital One Travel Portal is a negative because you won't get status benefits with the airlines? Don't you get the benefits anyway if you just check in with your frequent flyer number? The only disadvantage is if the prices on the Capital One Travel Portal are higher. I understand the disadvantages booking hotels via a portal if you have status, but didn't think it mattered with airlines.

If the tickets are ultimately purchased through a consolidator it's a YMMV at best at having the airline count the segments and miles against their frequent flyer program.   The question would be if and under what conditions flights purchased through the C1 portal are through a consolidator and not the airline directly or a validated travel agency.

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 79 of 161
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@BeEasyMark wrote:

If the tickets are ultimately purchased through a consolidator it's a YMMV at best at having the airline count the segments and miles against their frequent flyer program.   The question would be if and under what conditions flights purchased through the C1 portal are through a consolidator and not the airline directly or a validated travel agency.

Forgot to comment that they could also by default book sub-economy fares with or without clearly disclosing that the fare class does not count toward airline status.

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 80 of 161
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.