Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One is Changing my Billing Cycle End Date, Ramifications for AZEO

tag
torebuild2014
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Statement Date Question

I also posted about the statement date calculation change after I thought I had figured out the formula.

I understand the different perspectives as well as the frustration in trying to figure out the date. I think the issue for me is  the transparency of the statements and the closing dates of my other lenders who show on the statements when the next closing dates are. (i.e. Amex, Citi, etc.)  They also have closing dates that change but I don't have to do the calculation and then hope I did it correctly.

I admit to some laziness on my part not wanting to do the math. I've decided to not charge after the due date if I need a zero balance on that card until a few more cycles of making sure I have it figured out. But I do understand those us who have enjoyed the comfort and reliability of the fixed date. Change is not always easy to adjust to, but we will all have to adapt since it's their card and therefore their rules.

Message 91 of 93
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I think  people would benefit more from abandoning AZEO indoctrination than anything else.

If a reported balance on one additional card gives some this much anxiety, is it really worth it?

It's a payment method, not a lifestyle. 

Message 92 of 93
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I think  people would benefit more from abandoning AZEO indoctrination than anything else.

If a reported balance on one additional card gives some this much anxiety, is it really worth it?

It's a payment method, not a lifestyle. 

+1

I abandoned AZEO as a lifestyle nearly 3 years ago and it's so much better - and not a single lender has been shown to care. 

IMO, AZEO should be used as an optimization tool for the moments you need it - otherwise use your credit, PIF by the due date. 

Granted, if your limits are small of course you may need to control your reported balances a bit; that's perfectly reasonable.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 93 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.