Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One prequals question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One prequals question

I currently have a QS (PC'd Platinum) with 750 limit opened 4/2017 and Venture with 15k limit opened 6/2018. I checked C1 prequal page and and it's showing Venture, QS, and Savor....but at max APR (ouch).

I'd like to add a QS since it offers 0% for 15 months for a big purchase. Would the max APR on the prequal indicate I'd get less than 5k SL on the QS? Venture and Savor both come with minimum 5k SL, but no 0% promo.

Current F8 scores:
EX 710
EQ 715
TU 710
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One prequals question

The venture one and savor one cards offer 0% promos
Message 2 of 10
CramEiko
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I currently have a QS (PC'd Platinum) with 750 limit opened 4/2017 and Venture with 15k limit opened 6/2018. I checked C1 prequal page and and it's showing Venture, QS, and Savor....but at max APR (ouch).

I'd like to add a QS since it offers 0% for 15 months for a big purchase. Would the max APR on the prequal indicate I'd get less than 5k SL on the QS? Venture and Savor both come with minimum 5k SL, but no 0% promo.

Current F8 scores:
EX 710
EQ 715
TU 710

Let everything age if you would like to start seeing a reduction of APR offers. I don't see too many post talking about APR reductions at a later date. Sure 0% intro is nice but then what? 

Good Luck!

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. Then what after the 0% ends? The APR would jump to what I would get to begin with if I went for a second Venture or Savor. The purchase will be paid off before the 0% expires. I already have a Venture with a good limit and have no need for another one.

My question was if I am seeing APRs at their max level for my prequalified offers, is it likely that I'll get a low SL under 5k on a QS?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Posted this in the wrong section! I meant to post this is the cc applications section. If this thread can be moved there, please do so.
Message 5 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Posted this in the wrong section! I meant to post this is the cc applications section. If this thread can be moved there, please do so.

Actually, 'Credit Cards' is the proper board for your topic.  Smiley Wink

--UB

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think their pre-Q always throw you the max APR.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If that is the case, that is interesting.  Anyone using the Cap1 prequalify tool see a lower APR than max with your offers?

Message 8 of 10
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If that is the case, that is interesting.  Anyone using the Cap1 prequalify tool see a lower APR than max with your offers?

I just tried and from the looks of things, I qualified for the mid-tier APRs on all the cards that popped up.sdfa.jpg

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that info.  I'll be curious to see if the Cap1 APR level or tier they show in the prequal has a direct connection to SL of a card.  For example, would someone get a 30k SL if their APR as 27.24% (max).

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.