Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one 2nd card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one 2nd card?

Is capital one good about giving people a second card? I have one and they mail me stuff all the time for another card. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one 2nd card?

I have two. And I know many people on these forums do too. My understanding is you are limited to two of their lower tier cards, but no such limit of their better cards. 

Message 2 of 12
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

For some reason most people have more than one card with Capone! Not sure why! 😁 

Its easy to get the second card if you are in good standing with them.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One tends to reward loyalty. It's not unusual to see someone start off with a $500 card and then get $10K or more on their second, especially if they actually used the first card.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is capital one good about giving people a second card? 

Sure.

However, I can think of a hundred better ways to spend 3 HPs. Smiley Wink But maybe that's just me.

Message 5 of 12
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure.

However, I can think of a hundred better ways to spend 3 HPs. Smiley Wink But maybe that's just me.

Very true! I forgot about that 😂 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure.

People here are so worried about inquires on their report.  Inquires aren't even that important unless you are a heavy churner or you are super anal about having every last FICO score point.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure.

People here are so worried about inquires on their report ... 

I'm not sure how you extrapolated "worry" from my post. I don't "worry" about my HPs.& I'm certainly not "worried" about the OPs, or your's. 

That said, HPs generally do have "value" and, as such, I prefer not to spend them without some care. 

Message 8 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure.

People here are so worried about inquires on their report.  Inquires aren't even that important unless you are a heavy churner or you are super anal about having every last FICO score point.

I'm pro Capital One. With that in mind, with all else being equal, would you choose the following example below:

A) incur 3 hard pulls for $10,000 SL with 1 lender and risk credit seeking behavior for future lenders?

or

B) incur 1 hard pull per bureau per lender and acquire $10,000 SL with 3 different lenders? Obvious credit seeking with aggregate total.

or

C) None of the above. Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure.

People here are so worried about inquires on their report ... 

I'm not sure how you extrapolated "worry" from my post. I don't "worry" about my HPs.& I'm certainly not "worried" about the OPs, or your's. 

That said, HPs generally do have "value" and, as such, I prefer not to spend them without some care. 

Extrapolation from many post from many members on the many threads here.  I am not only commenting about you moreso the many people that are here.  I am a longtime lurker and HPs get brought up so much that I just happened to quote you and talk about them.

Just a note.  There is another thread where the person is furious at Cap one because all his/her  Cap One cards got frozen because he/she was using a personal card as a business card (5 unrelated AU).  OP of that thread didn't want to open a business card because of a HARD PULL.  Now the all of his/her Cap One cards are frozen until the OP furnishes documents on the 5 AU on the personal card (used for business). OP refuses to furnish documents of the 5 AU.

All because of a HARD PULL.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.