Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card offering priority deplaning

tag
wiivile
New Contributor

Re: Card offering priority deplaning

Priority deplaning is given courteously to those who have close connections to other flights, and then first/business class (only because they are in the front of the plane). Has nothing to do with credit cards.

Chase Freedom Visa: 11/2009, $4,700 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature: 11/2013, $15,000 CL
U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature: 11/2013, $15,700 CL
Message 11 of 27
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

There is a huge difference between private jet travel and airlines.

It's there at your convenience and leaves when you want.

It flys directly airport to airport and avoids the hub and spokes hassle.

There are far more airports to fly to/from.

You can take your pets, friends and luggage to whatever limits the particular jet has.

No TSA. No lines, no pawing through your luggage. No x-rays.

The cost is about twice that of a taxi ride (for the same travel miles).

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 12 of 27
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@too-much-time wrote:

I'm looking for an airline credit card that offers not only priority boarding, but priority deplaning as well. Who, after a long and tiring journey, wants to watch the aisle's front person at any given time, squeezed by fellow passengers from all sides, at a painstakingly slow pace retrieve from the distant above his shifted over-sized carry-on suitcase and personal item from the crowded overhead bin at a time when all the rows ahead are fully empty, just to be repeated over and over again and ever steadily more annoying? There must be such a card yearning to slap yet another fee on us!

Buy a suite / first / business class ticket. Problem solved.

Still can't tolerate having to wait for other first class passengers? Get a private jet. 

+1 If you want that kind of service, a business/first flight ticket is what you need, not a credit card. 

Message 13 of 27
john398
Senior Contributor

Didn't some airline test deplaning from both the back and the front? That would be a good idea IMO

Message 14 of 27
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Well deplaning was not too bad but US immigration took 150 minutes at Miami International...Smiley Sad and this cannot be solved by Premium cabin or credit cards.
Message 15 of 27
enharu
Super Contributor

Well the lines at TSA and immigrations are just going to get longer and longer. I don't see how the situation is going to improve drastically in the near future, especially with everything that's been going on as of late.

A lot of the "problems" OP has stated can be easily fixed by getting a better cabin ticket. Even a premium economy ticket can somewhat make de-planing / boarding better and faster, since the seats are mostly situated in between business and economy seats.

A big part of the problem also depends on what airlines you are going to be flying. If you are going to be flying on a crap / budget airlines, even first / business class tickets may not help if the airlines does a horrible job getting people in and out of the plane. On the other hand, a premium airlines may make the overall experience somewhat pleasant, even on an economy ticket. This is just my personal opinion, but from my experiences, I very much rather fly economy / economy premium on SQ than business on Delta / American if I had to choose.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@too-much-time wrote:

I'm looking for an airline credit card that offers not only priority boarding, but priority deplaning as well. Who, after a long and tiring journey, wants to watch the aisle's front person at any given time, squeezed by fellow passengers from all sides, at a painstakingly slow pace retrieve from the distant above his shifted over-sized carry-on suitcase and personal item from the crowded overhead bin at a time when all the rows ahead are fully empty, just to be repeated over and over again and ever steadily more annoying? There must be such a card yearning to slap yet another fee on us!

Still can't tolerate having to wait for other first class passengers? Get a private jet. 

+1. The only real way to have priority deplaning is to fly in a premium cabin. In many cases you'll board and exit from a completely different door than those in cattle class.

The difference between flying F and private never really bothered me that much. There are certain reasons to fly private, but I don't think waiting for other F passangers to de-plane is one of them. If you can't even wait for that few number of people to get off, the issue isn't the cabin class you're flying.

+2

Message 17 of 27
red259
Super Contributor

It doesn't take that long to deboard a plane once its at a gate and the door is open. If its an issue for you then buy a first class ticket and then you can be off first.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 18 of 27
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@too-much-time wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@too-much-time wrote:

+1. The only real way to have priority deplaning is to fly in a premium cabin. In many cases you'll board and exit from a completely different door than those in cattle class.

But what if what's good for the passenger is good for the carrier? I would imagine that the carrier would applaud the plane being emptied as quickly as possible. Time is money after all. And if they could combine that with fees for priority deplaning, it's a double win! To deplane more efficiently, people need physical space to take down their luggage right when the bell rings. If say aisle seat passengers in even numbered rows were to start, they could run along without any delay, then the next seat closer to the window until the row is empty.

If that's the system and you happen to like a window seat halfway down the plane, you might be wiling to pay a $2 fee to sit in an even numbered row at the time you purchase your ticket and pick your seat. I don't think if it's so far-fetched. When I flew United the other day, I noticed you could pay extra to have your checked items transported to your local destination, so that you could skip waiting at the baggage carousel, a perk that may well be included on your airline card soon. The sky's the limit!

You could also say that it wouldn't be such a problem if people in the cattle class stopped acting as cattle. I remember a time when people lined up nicely to enter the various doors of your everyday local commute train. Now it's every man for himself. Maybe people just didn't mind standing up so much and now they do. Of course if they weren't so eager at the crowded grocery store sample stands, the urge might also be less pressing while boarding the train, lol.

None of this is helped by the upcoming holiday season. Drivers are already so flustered that the rate of cars moving in the opposite direction in parking lots has gone up, as has the number of shopping carts left in the middle of aisles. Maybe it really is hopeless, maybe after all first class is the only way to go. Unless the airline places regulators at strategic points down the aisle. But that wouldn't work, as they'd be in the way.

Most people who travel are clueless when it comes to these sorts of things, and there's always plenty of idiots who take way too much time getting their oversized carry-ons down from the overhead compartments because they were too cheap to check their bags in.

I remember being on one flight from SFO-LAX where this complete tart (for lack of a better word) stood blocking the entire isle for 5 minutes trying to get a suitcase (that probably weighed no more than 15 pounds) down. She didn't want to get her hands dirty or break a nail, so she looked around and said very loudly "I need a big strong man to help me with this!". My fiancee walked over, took her suitcase down with one hand and said to her "In Australia we have a term for people like you... useless b****es." If she wasn't so obviously fishing (and perhaps was better looking), someone else might have actually helped her. The sad part was there were maybe 75 other people behind her, all waiting for her to get her carry-on down.

Many airlines already do this sort of thing by charging passengers extra for certain seats (isle, window, emergency exit rows, etc.) It's a lot more than $2 (maybe more like $50 in some cases), but if getting out earlier is that important to you then pay the extra amount and take an isle seat. Chances are that it'll be a lot quicker to de-plane if you're in an isle seat closer to the front than if you're in a middle or window seat near the back.

Having people deplane first with a certain credit card would simply be too difficult and time-intensive to do on every flight. It'd be a logistical hassle that they can avoid via other alternatives. You'd have people with credit cards sitting in window seats having to climb over the others to get to the isle, flight attendants would have to waste time checking that those actually deplaning first are those who have the credit card, etc.

Some airlines (such as UA) offer paid annual subscriptions for E+. If you fly that frequently where it matters, then that might be something else to consider.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 19 of 27
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:
Well deplaning was not too bad but US immigration took 150 minutes at Miami International...Smiley Sad and this cannot be solved by Premium cabin or credit cards.

Global Entry is something you may want to consider since it can save quite a bit of time if you fly internationally with any regularity.

It also comes with some reciproical benefits in other countries (such as being able to use SmartGate in Australia).

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.