Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cathay Pacific Credit Card Nightmare

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cathay Pacific Credit Card Nightmare

I had one issue with Sync fraud. When i first got Sams card, some idiot decided on going for a shopping spree in California! Im about as far from Cali as you can get. Sync closed my account and issued me another. It was weird. At one point i had both on my cr, even high balance of $600 from that idiot! ( i hope said idiot reads this forum , yeah you fraudster you are an idiot!Smiley Wink ) Eventually everything smoothed out and its just a bad memory. It does suck for the victim here, ie you. Sync needs to better its fraud response imo.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They then said that because my card was returned there was nothing they could do. 

So some decent person out there actually sent the card back to them? 

I'm still foggy on why the closure of the old card would cause issues with the new one though, this is probably something they handle quite often. I'd assume they just issue new card and number on the existing account, rather than close the account and open a new one due to fraud. 

It further compounds the problem because of having family outside the Country who likely depended on this card.

Message 12 of 15
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

IIRC, This card is issued by Synch. I believe they do technically "close" the account and re-open it from what I've read here on the forums. You'll likely see the account closed on your reports with a new account popping up that is identical.

Synch is weird... period. Go for a BoA card with no FTF/AF. They grow like wildfire and their CSR's are US based and much easier to deal with.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started the linked post and can confirm that after about two weeks everything went back to normal with the original account opening date listed on my credit report.  It did not create a new account.

I hope you have the same result.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thank you. It took some calls but finally got resolved. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.