Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centurion??

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Centurion??

Whats so special about Centurion AMEX?? and why do certain people get invited?? Is a hot lookin score and report required to obtain card when invited??

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Centurion??

$150k+ per year spend will get you invited. I just saw this on a youtube vid! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 79
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
$150k+ per year spend will get you invited. I just saw this on a youtube vid! Lol

Thats wishful thinking, I know people who spend 500k a year or more and don't get invited.

From what I understand it's 250K or more in LUXURY spend (ex. first class airfare)

My father has a personal Centurian and you used to be able to get it with 250k a year in spend, this was pretty easy for a business so they have really tightened up on their invites.  From what I have been told there haven't been any invites in the last few years.

Also the benefits are awesome for someone who doesn't travel often but wants status.  For my father this is ideal as he only flys 2-4 times a year but enjoys the platinum medallion status with delta.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 3 of 79
hayabusa

@ryanbush wrote:

Thats wishful thinking, I know people who spend 500k a year or more and don't get invited.

From what I understand it's 250K or more in LUXURY spend (ex. first class airfare)

My father has a personal Centurian and you used to be able to get it with 250k a year in spend, this was pretty easy for a business so they have really tightened up on their invites.  From what I have been told there haven't been any invites in the last few years.

Also the benefits are awesome for someone who doesn't travel often but wants status.  For my father this is ideal as he only flys 2-4 times a year but enjoys the platinum medallion status with delta.

Not too sure about this, my friend runs a few businesses, and all he did was spend 240k + a year and asked for it. got it.

Message 4 of 79
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@hayabusa wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

Not too sure about this, my friend runs a few businesses, and all he did was spend 240k + a year and asked for it. got it.

How long has he had it?  

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 5 of 79
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Well, it's not a bad way to make some money!  Create a mystique, a very special card, by invite only, that's very expensive and exclusive.  I won't tell you the criteria because it's just so special.

Let the rumors swirl, some people might spend more than they would otherwise in the hopes of getting invited, and if we do actually give out rather more than people think, well, we like the annual fee and the continued spend....

Message 6 of 79
BellaBuckie
Established Member

oooh ..in my own ..lala land congrats to those that have this ...But please don't wake me up ...cuz i have one right now Smiley Happy

Staying in the garden.. at least till Dec 2013 ?
EQ/myfico/689,
TU/CK 687,Walmart 712
EX/CS 739
Message 7 of 79
hayabusa

@ryanbush wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

How long has he had it?  

6months or so

Message 8 of 79
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@hayabusa wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

How long has he had it?  

6months or so

Nice, is his a personal or business account?

Message 9 of 79
hayabusa

@ryanbush wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@hayabusa wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

How long has he had it?  

6months or so

Nice, is his a personal or business account?

business

Message 10 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.