cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in the way Synchrony handles accounts

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Change in the way Synchrony handles accounts

They have been in a giving mood.

I suspect they have split mc/visa from store cards, and commercial for total credit.

Seeing how they are now using vantage.

Also they might be trying to increase market share then lump the balances from high fico users to sell on the market.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Change in the way Synchrony handles accounts

Or they are feeling the loss of Walmart account and are doing everything in their power to recover faster. 

 

The easiest way to entice spending is to offer something that on surface looks like a good APR (paypal mastercard), disregarding the fact it was atrocious from the start. May not make a difference to those who claim to PIF, but most people dont.  

 

Lenders pay to be able to provide score of either variety, Vantage is less expensive 

 

 

1 (one) Safeway reward
(zero) RiteAid points
Goal : Fill out paperwork for Fred Meyer loyalty card and get a fancy dangly key fob
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: Change in the way Synchrony handles accounts


@Remedios wrote:

Or they are feeling the loss of Walmart account and are doing everything in their power to recover faster. 

 

The easiest way to entice spending is to offer something that on surface looks like a good APR (paypal mastercard), disregarding the fact it was atrocious from the start. May not make a difference to those who claim to PIF, but most people dont.  

 

Lenders pay to be able to provide score of either variety, Vantage is less expensive 

 

 


While I agree that the original (and still my current one!) APR is atrocious, arriving at a 12.X% APR on a 2% no FTF/AF card is pretty good, so regardless of motivation, I will give them a LTL merit point.

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Change in the way Synchrony handles accounts


@longtimelurker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Or they are feeling the loss of Walmart account and are doing everything in their power to recover faster. 

 

The easiest way to entice spending is to offer something that on surface looks like a good APR (paypal mastercard), disregarding the fact it was atrocious from the start. May not make a difference to those who claim to PIF, but most people dont.  

 

Lenders pay to be able to provide score of either variety, Vantage is less expensive 

 

 


While I agree that the original (and still my current one!) APR is atrocious, arriving at a 12.X% APR on a 2% no FTF/AF card is pretty good, so regardless of motivation, I will give them a LTL merit point.


 

I call dibs on few merit points because I haven't called a single lender in over two weeks. 

Between buying Socks Bank love, and struggling for your acceptance, I'm exhausted. 

Dont even pretend you're not impressed,  I ain't buying it 

1 (one) Safeway reward
(zero) RiteAid points
Goal : Fill out paperwork for Fred Meyer loyalty card and get a fancy dangly key fob
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Change in the way Synchrony handles accounts


@longtimelurker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Or they are feeling the loss of Walmart account and are doing everything in their power to recover faster. 

 

The easiest way to entice spending is to offer something that on surface looks like a good APR (paypal mastercard), disregarding the fact it was atrocious from the start. May not make a difference to those who claim to PIF, but most people dont.  

 

Lenders pay to be able to provide score of either variety, Vantage is less expensive 

 

 


While I agree that the original (and still my current one!) APR is atrocious, arriving at a 12.X% APR on a 2% no FTF/AF card is pretty good, so regardless of motivation, I will give them a LTL merit point.


I'm curious and O/T...what is 1 LTL merit point worth? Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: Change in the way Synchrony handles accounts


@FinStar wrote:


I'm curious and O/T...what is 1 LTL merit point worth? Smiley Tongue


Roughly what you would expect!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.