Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AARP - Redemption Minimums GONE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase AARP - Redemption Minimums GONE

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.12.11 AM.png

I didn't see this posted nor got any notification. Saw someone else posted this question the other day.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase AARP - Redemption Minimums GONE

@Anonymous wrote:

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.12.11 AM.png

I didn't see this posted nor got any notification. Saw someone else posted this question the other day.

Looking at it, it doesn't say a min redemption for anything. Can anyone confirm that the cash redemption option is any amount, including a penny? If so, if I see the $200 offer appear again, I'll get it for the gas rewards (I have the Uber card and a few other 3% dining cards).

Message 2 of 18
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

went on just for you, feel special lol looks like you can redeem any amount indeed. I went to the final confirmation page without a problem with just $1 worth. aarp card is my most used card by frequency since i dont cook and alwyas use it for my gas too unless either catagory is 5% on another card for that quarter....hope this helps!

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely did help. I will be applying once I see the $200 on $500 spend again.
Message 4 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Nice! That was my only gripe about this card. Probably why I haven't used it in a year. lol

Maybe now it will get some spend.

Message 5 of 18
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Yes Chase eliminated the redemption minimum on both the AARP and Freedom cards. I was able to redeem .50 cents on AARP as a statement credit and $10.66 on freedom as a direct deposit to my Chase checking account. Looks like they following the footsteps of Capital One

Message 6 of 18
fuzzle
Regular Contributor

Freedoms had no minimum for a while, but I am happy to see that the Amazon card now has no minimum

Message 7 of 18
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I hate minimum redemptions, so I'm glad to see Chase eliminating them on several of their cards.  Wouldn't it be nice if other banks did the same?  I'm thinking of Citi (Double Cash $25 minimum redemption), Amex (BCE and BCP $25 minimum redemptions), and Navy Federal Credit Union (Go Rewards and More Rewards $50 minimum redemptions).

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 8 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

True dat!, just say no to minimum redemptionsSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@fuzzle wrote:

Freedoms had no minimum for a while, but I am happy to see that the Amazon card now has no minimum.

Ohh... this is for the Amazon Visa as well? 

Good news, indeed!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.