Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon 2%

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Chase Amazon 2%

Looks like Chase Amazon is moving to 2% on everything till early Jan 2022, at least for those with a recent credit increase (just got email).

Nice, but not very useful, except for those without a flat 2+% card.

ETA: by "everything" I mean everything that is usually 1%!  So still 5% on Amazon/WF

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon 2%

Thanks for the info! 😀

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 16
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

Discover card holders enjoy Amazon as a bonus quarter seller this quarter, 5% cash back.

Message 3 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Save-n-Invest wrote:

Discover card holders enjoy Amazon as a bonus quarter seller this quarter, 5% cash back.

Yes, but the Chase  card is still 5% there, uncapped

Message 4 of 16
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

I received this same offer earlier this year prior to my automatic CLI. Did you also? I checked on Chase's MyBonus site also and did not find any offers there. I also received a credit increase recently from $8500 to $22000.

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 5 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Alephbet wrote:

I received this same offer earlier this year prior to my automatic CLI. Did you also? I checked on Chase's MyBonus site also and did not find any offers there. I also received a credit increase recently from $8500 to $22000.

Not as far as I remember.  I got the automatic CLI in the recent "batch" and the email is:

LTL, give your new spending power a boost with 2% Back everywhere
On top of your recent credit line increase, you will now earn a total of 2% Back on all your everyday purchases until January 5, 2022 with your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Credit Card.1

so I assumed it was being offered to those with a recent CLI.

Wonder when it starts.   Yesterday my wife accidentally used this in her mobile wallet rather than the correct Altitude Reserve.  This terrible mistake cost a total of $1.57 in rewards!  However, if it got 2% the loss goes down to a slightly more bearable $1.12

Message 6 of 16
CreditMarathoner
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Not as far as I remember.  I got the automatic CLI in the recent "batch" and the email is:

LTL, give your new spending power a boost with 2% Back everywhere
On top of your recent credit line increase, you will now earn a total of 2% Back on all your everyday purchases until January 5, 2022 with your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Credit Card.1

so I assumed it was being offered to those with a recent CLI.

Wonder when it starts.   Yesterday my wife accidentally used this in her mobile wallet rather than the correct Altitude Reserve.  This terrible mistake cost a total of $1.57 in rewards!  However, if it got 2% the loss goes down to a slightly more bearable $1.12

I would guess it starts when you received the email, or when you activate the offer (if there's an activation needed).  It also could have started when you received your CLI.  When did you get the CLI?  It seems a lot of those occurred around August.  If the transaction has posted, you can look at the details online to see what amount of cash back points you received.

To add a data point, I didn't receive any auto CLI, nor any email about 2% cashback on mine.

Open Tradelines: 4 Revolvers, 1 Mortgage / Garden Start Date: 10/1/2021 / Garden Goal: don't have one right now
TCL: $26,500 / AAoA: 8y6m / AoYA: 1y5m / Inqs: 1EX 0TU 1EQ / FICO8 Feb 2023: 848(TU) 843(EX)
Message 7 of 16
uoyankee
New Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Looks like Chase Amazon is moving to 2% on everything till early Jan 2022, at least for those with a recent credit increase (just got email).

Nice, but not very useful, except for those without a flat 2+% card.

ETA: by "everything" I mean everything that is usually 1%!  So still 5% on Amazon/WF

Nada here for me, I've had the card for a little over 5 years now and have m never had a CLI.  It started at 10k and has sat there since.  It's more than enough for a glorified store card but it would be nice to get these offers from Chase once in a while!

Message 8 of 16
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@uoyankee wrote:

Nada here for me, I've had the card for a little over 5 years now and have m never had a CLI.  It started at 10k and has sat there since.  It's more than enough for a glorified store card but it would be nice to get these offers from Chase once in a while!

I have no idea how Chase's auto CLI system works. The Amazon Prime Rewards was my first Chase card in December of 2019 and they gave me a starting limit of $5400. After about 15 months, I received an auto CLI to $8500 on 03/22/2021. That was with charging $3000-$4500 per month and PIF every single time and most of the time to a zero statement closing balance. Then I received an auto CLI to to $22000 on 07/29/2021 without warning. I was quite surpised but apparently lots of people got them (possibly due to Amazon maybe considering leaving Chase as a partner but who knows). That 2% on everything offer came once and I never used it at all. I have only used the card for Amazon and Whole Foods and nothing else.

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 9 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Alephbet wrote:
@uoyankee wrote:

I have no idea how Chase's auto CLI system works. The Amazon Prime Rewards was my first Chase card in December of 2019 and they gave me a starting limit of $5400. After about 15 months, I received an auto CLI to $8500 on 03/22/2021. That was with charging $3000-$4500 per month and PIF every single time and most of the time to a zero statement closing balance. Then I received an auto CLI to to $22000 on 07/29/2021 without warning. I was quite surpised but apparently lots of people got them (possibly due to Amazon maybe considering leaving Chase as a partner but who knows). That 2% on everything offer came once and I never used it at all. I have only used the card for Amazon and Whole Foods and nothing else.

I got the card in 2004 (yes, before most of you were born, ok not quite!)  The auto-cli I got at the beginning of August was the very first on this card.  

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.