Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI without hardpull

tag
acb5456
Regular Contributor

Chase CLI without hardpull

When will this bank finally get the memo? Several of the larger banking institutions offer CLI's without hard pulls--why is Chase behind the ball on this one? I've had the Sapphire for 6 years now and they're never offered an auto-CLI. I messaged them and they said hard pull only. I guess the only way to grow this card is for them to throw an inquiry on my report..grrrrr.

Chase Sapphire: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $15,000 | BofA Cash Rewards WMC: $15,000 | Discover IT: $15,000

FICO: TU-793 (Discover), EX-805 (Amex), EQ-790
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Chase CLI without hardpull

Honestly, it's been reported around here that you're better off applying for a new Chase product, then rearranging limits.

DW just did that.  She's had a Slate stuck at $7.5k for six years, a Freedom stuck at $2k for five years, and JUST got approved for a CSP at $18k.

Good luck!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Chase isn’t big on giving CLIs even with the HP. Honestly I’d save yourself the inquiry.
Message 3 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Chase normally gives what they think your worth upon your approval. Obviously they felt 10k was sufficient . If you are spending like crazy and utilizing your limit, often times thats when you might see an auto cli.
Message 4 of 16
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

do you have your income updated on the portal?

do you put a limits worth of spend through the card often?

the idea of opening up a new account and impacting aaoa to get the result makes no sense to me

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

Honestly, it's been reported around here that you're better off applying for a new Chase product, then rearranging limits.

DW just did that.  She's had a Slate stuck at $7.5k for six years, a Freedom stuck at $2k for five years, and JUST got approved for a CSP at $18k.

Good luck!

+1. I was really happy to see the SL I did on my CSP last week because I want to reallocate to F/FU.

OP, I did take an HP CLI on my FU back in the day. $1k to $2k. It's better to get a product with a SUB, even if you reallocate to its minimum ($500 on most cards, higher on some e.g., CSP/CSR) and close it out.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

the idea of opening up a new account and impacting aaoa to get the result makes no sense to me

It depends what mode you're in. If you're looking to garden in anticipation of a mortgage, it wouldn't make sense, but neither would the HP to get a CLI in the first place. If you're set for at least a year or two, then the hit is probably lesser than the reward of the SUB.

Message 7 of 16
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

It depends what mode you're in. If you're looking to garden in anticipation of a mortgage, it wouldn't make sense, but neither would the HP to get a CLI in the first place. If you're set for at least a year or two, then the hit is probably lesser than the reward of the SUB.

there is another reason from a pure vanity standpoint.  I like to see this all the time and unless one has a super long history the only way to perfection is to not hit the return key.  everyone has there thing

052619 JDR 3B.PNG

Message 8 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I am starting to think that "P" in HP stands for phobia 

If you get a new card (which would probably yield a better result), you get a HP

If you ask for CLI, you get a HP

Either way with them, HP is inevitable. 

I personally would not go for HP CLI when it comes to Chase, too unpredictable. 

Also, plenty of people get auto CLIs. I got one at 5 months on Freedom that's really not even seeing that much use other than quarterly categories. 

If a lender makes you miserable with their business practices, you go with "plenty of fish" elsewhere. 

Message 9 of 16
acb5456
Regular Contributor

@Remedios: No phobia, and certainly not miserable with Chase--if I was, I wouldn't use the card. 

It's simple--I do not want an inquiry on my credit report for an increase in available spending power.

I'm positive that there are many people getting auto-increases, I stated that I am not, and therefor it was just a little bit of a rant that Chase seems to be lagging behind in serving customer needs without unnecessary steps.

Chase Sapphire: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $15,000 | BofA Cash Rewards WMC: $15,000 | Discover IT: $15,000

FICO: TU-793 (Discover), EX-805 (Amex), EQ-790
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.