Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase IGH 120k tease but still impacted by my Chase fumble

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase IGH 120k tease but still impacted by my Chase fumble

Hello again,

I previously posted under the topic "Chase New Account Closure - Can I get it reopened" where long story short I applied for the Chase IGH card and the Chase Hyatt card on the same day, was approved for both and then the next day they closed my Chase IGH (after reporting it to the bureaus as opened and closed by creditor) before I realized this I had applied for another the next week and put me over the 5/24.  The last few months have been no fun as I keep getting IGH credit card emails as I am an active user of their hotels.  Then one month before I reached 4/24 they launched the 100k offer teasing me even more, now finally I have reached 4/24 in my mind and they sent me the new 120k offer!  I just applied yesterday and was told over the phone they are sending me an NOAA stating too many recenly open tradelines aka the 5/24 rule. It appears since my IGH card was officially opened at the bureaus they are counting it towards my 5..... and have wasted a hard inquiry.   Now I will have to wait another 9 months until I become under the 5/24 officially...  

Cheers to those who will be able to take advantage of the new 120,000 point offer!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase IGH 120k tease but still impacted by my Chase fumble

I hate to be pedantic about this but if you're an 'active user' of these hotels and have been this interested in the card then you should probably know that it's IHG, not IGH.

Sorry, reading that was the visual equivalent of nails on a chalkboard to me. Good luck waiting out your 5/24.

Message 2 of 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase IGH 120k tease but still impacted by my Chase fumble

OP, that HP could've been avoided for sure.

In the thread you posted in November, data points were provided that the [AA] closed IHG card would count toward the 5/24 restriction.

Hopefully, another lucrative offer may be published in the future, but keep in mind that you'd have to check with them to see if you're even eligible for the SUB given the prior IHG closure.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-New-Account-Closure-Can-I-get-it-reopened/m-p/54...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.