Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase PC - Restriction

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Chase PC - Restriction

@TheBoondocks wrote:
Yes, I have the Hyatt credit card. But, what I was thinking is, would it be possible to downgrade the Reserve to the Preferred then to the old sapphire and then to the FU?

Some people have reported needing to use CFU as a stepping stone to get from a Sapphire card to the 5x Freedom. I've not heard about any additional step just to get a CFU.

I had no trouble converting my CSP to CFU in 2018. That said, I'd had the card for nearly three years and hadn't PCed it before, so didn't encounter any restrictions against aggressive/abusive PCs.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 21 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I am assuming your AF is pre Dec is why you want to cancel?  Otherwise as others stated wait till dec and see your options then.  Chase will also pro-rate the AF if you still want to cancel in Dec if I am not mistaken.  Others can correct me if I am incorrect

Message 22 of 28
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Thank you, I will wait until Dec and see what will happen.
Message 23 of 28
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Yeah, I think the AF is in December cause that's when my travel credit resets.
Message 24 of 28
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:

Or just cancel now and get most of your AF back. Reallocate the CL to Hyatt or whatever cards you prefer.

Why burn AF money waiting to see what PCs they will allow, or when they will allow them, when you dislike all of the possible options they might give you?

I suppose the travel credit would be worth getting, if that's still on an almost-calendar year basis. I'm not sure if they've changed that on older accounts, or if the PCs have made your card follow the new system ($300 credit by membership year) or reset when your membership year begins.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 25 of 28
NRB525
Super Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:

While you have the card, it will earn you 3 UR ( Hyatt points ) on dining and travel expenses, so there’s that.  

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 26 of 28
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Hey guys just wanted to update. So, the title reads "We can't switch your credit card as requested"
It says thank you for asking about switching your credit card account. We determined your card isn't eligible based on our guidelines."

If you have questions, call the number on the back of card.

That's the most stupidest letter I've ever read. I guess, I will have to wait until December or so, as it will be a year then I could PC. I don't think there's no guidelines on a limit of how much you can PC.
Message 27 of 28
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Hey guys, just wanted to update! I called today and just got my Reserve switched back to the FU!
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.