Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase cards

Hey my name is jonathan I’m 20 years old I’m kinda new to the credit world, my credits is currently sitting at 543 and I just opened a self lends account and have a loan in my name and as well as a citi Secure card! I do have some collections from school and a medical bill and been paying them down should be all paid off by March! So my question is I’m looking to get the chase trifecta How long do y’all recommend waiting to apply for the chase freedom? Also would like to know after I start opening the accounts how long should I wait inbetween opening the 4 chase cards I want! Thanks again Jonathan
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase cards

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey my name is jonathan I’m 20 years old I’m kinda new to the credit world, my credits is currently sitting at 543 and I just opened a self lends account and have a loan in my name and as well as a citi Secure card! I do have some collections from school and a medical bill and been paying them down should be all paid off by March! So my question is I’m looking to get the chase trifecta How long do y’all recommend waiting to apply for the chase freedom? Also would like to know after I start opening the accounts how long should I wait inbetween opening the 4 chase cards I want! Thanks again Jonathan

welcome!  besides paying down the bills you should try and get them removed.  that will really give your scores a jolt.  ideally you should be north of 670 for the freedom cards, use them for a year and then layer in a csp.  the min sl is $5K for the csp so you should get maybe a discover or amex that already has that limit as chase often does not like being first.  take your time, get your scores and income in line and good things will happen.  never be late again and keep your debt under control

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I would not apply until you have 1 year of credit history under your belt.  Get those collections paid and ideally deleted.

Message 3 of 5
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Jonathan,

Welcome to the boards.

I agree with the other posters that you need to let your current accounts age for a year and you need to take care of those collections. The collections is what is keeping your scores down. Can you give us the details of the collections (amount, what the collection is for, the dates and the name of the collection company). 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 4 of 5
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Do you have Chase deposit products now?  Checking, Savings etc.  If not and there is a branch near you I would start there.  They seem to be much more accomodating if you are already a customer.  I'm pretty sure I got a Freedom because I had an old paid off auto loan from Chase, then they offered me a Freedom Unlimited and CSP within the next 18 months when my scores certainly didn't warrant them.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.