cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase now allowing CLI requests online (Most likely HP)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase now allowing CLI requests online (Most likely HP)

First of all, hello everyone, first post.

So I logged on to the chase site to do a small change (a due date to match another card) and noticed a new option under More>Account Settings called -Increase my credit limit-, language suggests that any request is a hard pull, but still found it interesting since afaik chase has only done CLI in person or over the phone until now. Would be even more interesting if the language was flexible (Like Synchrony, where there luv button says HP but has only been SP in my case until now)

90 REPLIES 90
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase now allowing CLI requests online (Most likely HP)

Lol, if chase started doing SP CLIs, this place would go nuts.

Message 2 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

So who wants to try it and be the guinea pig for us!? Tell us whether it’s HP OR SP! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 91
Boragard
Established Contributor

I do not have the option to increase my limit online. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 91
jaytatis
Established Member

i have it on my card was a CSP. just got it PC to a regular sapphire not to long ago..

im at 31500.. gonna wait for confirmation of a SP before i hit it though

Scores Via CreditKarma TU 814, EQ 814

BOA Cash Rewards 70,000 CL
Discover IT 33,200 CL CL
Chase Sapphire 31,500
American Express Everyday 20,000 CL
American Express Blue Cash Everyday 20,000 CL
Citi Double Cash 26,100 CL
Citi Diamond Preferred 21,100 CL
Sync Care Credit 20,000
Apple Card 15,000
Message 5 of 91
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Hmm. This is very suspect. I am not reaaaally where I wanted to be just quite yet to 'Chase' into that rabbit hole, however, I will 'hop' right on over to the site to follow up on this option to verify existence. Brb.

Message 6 of 91
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

I have that luv button available but Lucifer is in HP avoidance at all costs mode.   So gardening away I am - no thoughts of anything that pose even risk a HP for me....

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hm. Not finding one on the mobile app. I’ll have to check on the laptop when I go in to work later.

I’m intrigued, but I got some Chase auto luv last month, so I’m not sure they’d give me more so soon.
Message 8 of 91
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

20191005_062402.jpg20191005_062222.jpgScreenshot_20191005-060651_Chrome.jpgAlright guys, here's the brief-

The 'luv button' is apparently now a Chase option, found on the website, under 'Account Services' on any given account. I didn't find it on the app. It says 'Increase My Credit Limit'. Very carefully following the short form asking for the usual; income, employment and mortgage or rent- I proceeded with caution. Prior to hitting submit, I found no mention of soft pull or hard pull (fully prepared for the latter) and indeed, without mention, it was a hard pull on Experian. Having only one HP on my Experian report, I gambled that the Chase 'double app/single pull' play was in effect. I requested increase on a second card. I have not been alerted to an additional hard pull. However, I'm confused as why I wasn't warned of, said HP. That being said, I'm curious as if I should go ahead and request one on my third card, since a HP had already been performed. 

Guess I lost my garden spade on this beautiful Saturday morning. 

Message 9 of 91
marmaladepie
Regular Contributor

I would have gladly been a guinea pig but took a hp last month for an increase on CSR for 9k. But atlas also don’t see the link under my account either.
Message 10 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.